HeadlessHunters FPH Progress Thread

Well something incredible happened today, I got my new airbrush regulator and IT WORKED!!! but thats not all, its also NOT RAINING here today which means..........I've actually got some paint on my FPH!!! Yep the Panzer Olive Green is down, and later this evening I will be adding (courtesy of Eric - Superjedi - thanks man I owe you) the Caboose to the mandible area, pics coming soon, thanks to everyone following my incredibly slow progress, there have been a few mountains to overcome but were getting there!!! (y)

Yippee........ (y)

Can't wait to see your pics Joe, I'm glad you got some paint down on this thing? frustration must have been killing you... ;)

And it was all going so well...............Airbrush blockage, I have no idea whats happened but whilst applying the caboose to the mandibles the pressure just died, I'm using caned air which may explain it, although when i disconnect the paint bottle it sprays fine :confused I'd gotten about half way round when the paint just started gradually getting fainter and fainter, Arrrgghhh!! Will I never make decent progress on this??? (n)

Gutted... :(
Bud, this is gonna be one of those projects?
Have you checked the tube inside the bottle or the nozzle? I sometimes get a similar problem but have a handy pin to one side and run it down the nozzle?

I'm seriously beginning to think theres a voodoo priest around here somewhere casting bad mojo (not you Gav:lol:) on me and my FPH, in fact I swear I saw someone earlier sticking pins into a Boba Fett action figure, perhaps it has something to do with it?? :lol:

I'm seriously beginning to think theres a voodoo priest around here somewhere casting bad mojo (not you Gav:lol:) on me and my FPH, in fact I swear I saw someone earlier sticking pins into a Boba Fett action figure, perhaps it has something to do with it?? :lol:

Bad Mojo? not the first person to say that bud... ;) normally comes from the wife!! :lol:

I'm using Floquil caboose and it suggested 75% paint to 25% thinner which is what I used, I guess a little more couldn't hurt, I was so excited to get going though I may have messed up a little on the measurements :lol:

Horray, went out and bought myself a new can of propellant, for anyone out there who, like myself is a total airbrush novice, getting a starter kit like the one I picked up really cheap is a great idea, basically it connects to a can of compressed air instead of having to go out and buy an actual compressor, and through trial and error I have found that Revells compressed air is by far the best, anyway...

Caboose = done!! With the help of my new propellant and a tip from FP I've got the caboose done all round the helmet, going back for a final light mist in an hours time and then on to the undercheeks!! still waiting for my new digi camera to arrive too.......

Pic!! A crappy pic, but a pic none the less, here she is at the moment, all PO Green applied, as well as all caboose parts, also layed down the flat black under cheeks, more to come (y)

16-02-08_1923.jpg

Killstripe time!! My least favorite part of the painting, I've only done one ESB helmet before and I hand painted all the killstripes, I swore blind I would never do that again and so using some Tamiya masking tape (great stuff) which is about 10mm thick I marked out the 'top' and 'bottom' of my stripes, and then using slightly slimmer strips about 7mm I divided them out into the 14 killstripes, I'm fairly happy with the positioning but am open to any criticisms before I lay the paint on, I will be applying it with a very fine sponge in several layers to allow a nice build up, the main reason is I didn't see the point of masking the entire helmet yet again, anyway, pictures (y)

I also haven't yet masked the damage in case anyone was wondering :)

Image021.jpg

Image020.jpg

:( - Be very careful when applying paint with a sponge, the one I used made nice little air bubbles in a few of my killstripes and so i had to hand paint over them, I'll get a pic up in a minute and at the moment I'm just praying I don't have to remask the whole damned helmet and do the PO Green on the dome again.......tick tock

:cheers Crisis averted, luckily the stripes came out pretty good, just removed my Winsor and Newtom masking fluid and ta da!! Now I know there not perfect, but for me they are an achievement!!

Image005.jpg

Image001_1.jpg

Congrats! Those came out really well. :)
I do my kill stripes pretty much the same way, and I always love "rolling off" the masking fluid to reveal all the chips and scrapes.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back