HeadlessHunters FPH Progress Thread

Looks great so far bro..(y)...
One trick I've come to pick up, mainly by mistake:lol:..is to paint the Green, mask, then paint the red, THEN paint the under cheeks...(y)..this allows you to over spray on the red and you end up getting a nice edge where the Red and Black meet.(y)..

MORE PICS!!

:lol:
I've just sent you a PM 'question' and asked about your progress... and here it is? ;)

I hope you don't mind but your dome 'green' seems a little bright? could be down to the lighting in your kitchen? Did you have a look at the Humbrol #78.
The grey detailing looks great... (y)

Yeah trust me in person the green is a bit darker, the light really washes it out, I will get some daylight pics up soon, once the new camera arrives, its very frustrating using a mobile phone :lol:

Looking great!
I know what you mean about lighting conditions making your pics look strange. A lot of times, I want to put up some nice progress pics of stuff I'm working on, then when I get them uploaded, I sit there and go. . . "but that's not what it looks like!!!" It can be frustrating. Fluorescent lights are the worst for picture taking, followed closely by "indoor nighttime" pics. :lol:

REPAINT ALERT!!

Yeah I decided to follow Spideys tip of painting the green then the red then the black/green, as masking for those under cheeks would be a pain in the backside, still never mind, its a learning curve :lol:

REPAINT ALERT!!

Yeah I decided to follow Spideys tip of painting the green then the red then the black/green, as masking for those under cheeks would be a pain in the backside, still never mind, its a learning curve :lol:

;)good call, may want to do the back tan color or green also, or however you plan to do the back....cause it's the same concept, red is just easier to mask and paint that way....Second to LAST.(y)..then the black under cheeks.

another tip: use automotive pin stripping to mask and get your curves, as the pin stripping "bends"..;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh actually! :lol: After deciding to repaint this I went and got myself an airbrush kit, most of the paints arrived today and I will be starting again properly tomorrow, keep an eye out kids (y)

Well like I said i got myself an airbrush kit to tackle this lovely helmet, trouble is the one paint I really needed didn't arrive so I've gone no further with this yet, I will probably be waiting til Monday now!!! :facepalm

Alex your a legend but I'm in the UK! :lol: Just waiting for the mandible red, I've done the main dome and cheeks, and then the tan as you suggested, I then wanted to do the mandibles and then the black/green, its ok I can wait... :) Thank you again Alex for the kind offer (y)

Nice touch Alex... thats what this boards all about! (y)

I know what you mean Joe... frustrating when things don't happen the way you plan? I'm still waiting on my yellows for the Armour... :facepalm

I tell you what guys the fates are definitely against me on this one, not only did some of my paints get 'lost' in the mail, my airbrush regulator broke!! :lol: Anyone help a fellow member out with Caboose (not caboose red!) And Gav if your reading this the concrete did arrive............but they sent 1 bottle when I specifically asked for 2, one each!! :facepalm Sorry mate

Gutted for ya Joe.... :(
I'm sure someone can hook you up? also on the concrete, no worries these tings happen? just shoot me the details and I'll get it sorted?

SJ... If your in a position to hook up HH on some caboose? *wink*

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back