My mandalorian armor progress

yea, but Im not defending myself on that single note. Just the way the message was written. However it was immature on my part to really jump on him or her like that.

Dude calm down all he said was wow you were making it out of cardboard and all he said was sometimes it doesnt come out the way you planned he never said that yours sucked or anything like that so just calm down

th_11468039468957ne.gif

Ok, everyone needs to take a deep breath and learn some temperance.

Now that thats done...

On the subject of cardboard armor. Yes it can be made to look good if you reinforce it with some bondo or resin.

Check out this post. We've got a Mercs member who is making armor out of fiberglass reinforced poster-board...and from the pics it looks better then some of the fiber/plastic armor I've seen.

Rienforced Poster-baord Armor

There's nothing wrong with being creative and resourceful. If it comes out looking good then you've accomplished your mission. So far, you have an excellent base for some cheap resin armor (It may cost you $50 - $75 to coat everything) that will come out looking better then anything cardboard alone could offer. The only real negative to cardboard is the waviness of it's structure, and the potential for creasing.

Thats a first for someone to apologize lol. Alright well these were my test pieces and they turned out perfect, however, the resin will not stick to the cardboard, it just chips off, so I will just go with the trash can method until I can find a better method for cardboard.

Can you stop talking to me like that please?

IT DID WORK OUT THE WAY I PLANNED, but if you read you will understand what happened. The resin wont stick to the cardboard, it is still usable and is perfect except for that one problem.

Gentlemen,

I have been watching this thread deteriorate.

If this petty arguing goes on for one more post, the thread will be locked and warnings will be handed out.

Enough already and get back to the original topic please.

JK3
TDH Admin

enough of the arguments already.

lets get back to seeing how this guys armour turns out. I think thats what most of us are interested in.

So 987654321a, any progress with the armour ? we feed on photos ;)

enough of the arguments already.

lets get back to seeing how this guys armour turns out. I think thats what most of us are interested in.

So 987654321a, any progress with the armour ? we feed on photos ;)

:facepalm What a rude comment to give especially after all that hard work I have put into this. Maybe your armor looked like **** after it was done, it doesnt mean mine has to. I am not looking for movie replicas, I just want to make my own armor. :angry Just dissapoints me about the fact that some people are so damn immature. And I havent seen any of your work so before you post some **** like that prove to me that you can do a better job. And btw do mandalorians buy their armor from mandos r us? HELL NO! They make their own armor.
Sorry.:( I was having a bad day and.... sorry.

Dont worry Montatora, you didnt come off as rude, just the way it sounded, but then again I was having a bad day as well. Dont worry your all good.

Alright update with the armor. The cardboard armor will be my current test pieces to try out new methods on, I will wear them on some days as they will have a different paint job than my trash can ones. Now I just cut the trash can ones out a couple hours ago so I had no time to refine them and make them perfect just yet. The cardboard armor is really nice and looks molded in my opinion but the resin wouldnt stick on the cardboard.

The Reason: It was a dirty surface, when you apply resin to a dirty surface, it has the tendency to peel off very easily.

Trash can armor (Note: I will be in los angeles for the next 2 weeks and I will do most of my work there so stay with me until then.

DSC01957.gif

DSC01958.gif

On the little center piece of the armor, I decided to make one side look like it was side scraped by like a blaster shot.
DSC01959.gif

Small update.

I just finished painting the armor pieces and weathering them my special way. :)

I dont have any pictures of the finished product yet but as soon as I come back to san diego ill post alot of new pictures. For now you have to just imagine what it looks like. But it looks amazing, like it has been weathered for hundreds of years.

Update with pictures. I finally can upload pictures from my phone, you cant really see the detail too well but its visible. Remember, this uses my special method combined with the toothpaste weathering technique, If anyone is interested, ask me how I made it look dirty. The toothpaste technique I cannot take credit for, for it is not mine. I dont even think my special method is mine either but I have not seen it done yet.

Enjoy

Here are all the armor pieces.
0_IMAGE_008.gif

Here is the belly piece
0_IMAGE_009.gif

Here is my collar piece
IMAGE_010.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man, I consider this a christmas gift to myself. Im glad I finished this 2 days ago because the winds here in LA are so damn strong, I cant even sand my helmet without **** getting in my eyes and face. So the helmet will be delayed for either tomorow or the next day.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back