My mandalorian armor progress

Alright well I turned this into a costume thread.

My helmet is turning out great. It is pretty rough now, but the first-ish layer of body filler went on today.
DSC02246.jpg

I have started on a custom rifle for my mando. You guys only get to see the barrel. tomorow I will post pics of the body of the rifle. It is very very simple.
DSC02244.jpg

DSC02245.jpg

The vest is not fully complete yet and will not be shown until The entire costume is all done.

The flightsuit will be OD green, or some shade of green.

Sneak Peak of the Helmet. Since this is a custom, no other details will go on this except my custom radio on the right ear, and the left ear piece.

DSC02252.jpg

Things are going great for me. My uncle comes home from the army tomorow, so life cant get any better.

The cardboard for the details were so thick. It took me half an hour to cut it all out.
DSC02253.jpg

Here is a good shot of the details
DSC02255.jpg

Well here is what my blaster looks like. It just got its final layer of glass filler and is awaiting a ton of sanding. Thank you parents for my electric sander!
DSC02256.jpg

That raw yellow bucket without the visor cut looks like a trooper from Haze!

I thought the same thing! Makes me wonder how good a cracked visor with an eyehole would look on a custom Mando helmet...

The weathering on the armor looks fantastic! Is that red supposed to be blood splattered on? That would make for a really BA and menacing looking mando.

your welcome. a bit much for my tastes, BUT the point is you did the weathering correctly. nice overall detail. id love to see what it looks like in a few years after some events and crazy stuff. THAN it will look even MORE weatherd.

:D

cant wait for more. you get the vest done yet?

Thanks for the kind words. And Jax, the vest will be delayed for a while because my uncle just came back from the army and I am trying to spend alot of time with him.

But until then. I have a question for all. What do you prefer for the undersuit.

Woodland BDU or
OD flightsuit

Alright ill go with OD. Check out the new helmet guys
the helmet is 90% finished. It needs the foam padding inside. the fan, and the custom side panels for the sides and one for the back.

Also I need to slap a visor into the sucker and I am all done. I wish monday was may 25. Then I would go to school in this, as I will be done by then.

This is what it looked like before weathering
DSC02257.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

While working on my helmet, I noticed something was popping out of the ground and I recovered it. I found this

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02269.jpg

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

DSC02272.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02278.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

Isnt that neat? I think I might just scrap my helmet project and use this one. It contains alot of the needed materials. I think this belonged to Fango Jett

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated last night. Let me know what you guys think of the helmet.
Edit- Im buying a visor for this but I dont know what size I should get it. How would I go about measuring the area for the visor? I am getting a T-Visor from T-visor.com

Last edited by a moderator:
you coudl AEX between convoy and the 163. its on the north side somewhere. or try home depot or lowes for "face shields" 3-8 bucks

Well I went to Home Depot and Sears, and they had no tinted face shields. I think I might just go with the biggest visor at T-Visor.com and trim it down.

Alright so Now that I am 90% done with the helmet, I will post a list of things to do

I got the visor for the helmet just now from t-visor.com

Helmet: 95%
Armor: 75%
Vest: 0% (I scrapped the one I am doing and is on its way to a landfill :) It was too small )
Gloves: 100%
OD Flightsuit: 100%
Gauntlets: 0%
Rifle: 10%
Holster: 100%
Pistol: 0%
Belt: 100%
Ammo Pouches: 100%
Boots: 100%

And thats just about it. So there are very few things left to do until it is done.

Ill start my gauntlets with alluminum sometime tomorow. Until then here is a progress pic of the idea I had since this wont have a backplate.

DSC02280.jpg

My helmet is crooked because I have no visor in it, so I cant see how it looks, nor is there any foam in it. I will pickup some foam this weekend at the container store in fashion valley.
DSC02281.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness
DSC02284.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

I used those single binder clips for the pistol belt I have for my ALICE setup.
DSC02286.jpg

Why throw out the vest? Is it completely trashed?
I wouldn't doubt that you've considered putting it up in the cargo hold for somebody else to use with their custom mando. At least then you could make a little money off it right?

I did think of that , but it is too small for me, and I doubt there is anybody out there that is small for this thing. I need to get my mom to sew my next one for me. I suck at sewing.... haha. It's ok though, It is fabric I had laying around from my old jedi costume, so it wasnt necesarily the right color anyways.

Alright here is some progress on the cape I started today. After a few years of use this thing will look even more killer
DSC02303.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

And I used my stencil to dress up my work bench :)
DSC02306.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back