Zam costume calculation

Fettgirl

New Hunter
I´m in the planing to do a Zam costume and would like to know where to start and was hoping to get as much info as possible.

Where I can get the plating and the helm and so on.

Please your Zam´s out there help me:)

Welcome to the TDH Zam forum Fettgirl... :D Best place to start is looking around these threads. Find an area you're interested in and start with that part.

There is always more than one way to make a part... Cressie for example made her "Budget Zam" for under $250 and it was just fantastic! I've tried to stickie most of the tutorials at the top of the forum here so they are easy to find. But there might be a few buried. Best thing to do is "SEARCH" the forum for the part you're interested in making and see how others have made it. Ask questions - some we can answer I hope. But you might stump us too! :lol: Ask anyway!

So again, welcome to the Zam Forum on TDH and welcome to the Zam insanity! :D

Welcome. I am still in just the early stages of building my Zzm as well. Right now, I just keep saving money and collecting the stuff I need. There is a wealth of information on these boards. And don't be afraid to ask question. There are so many people that have researched this costume and they are so helpful.

Hmmm... Finished we've got Zam I Am, MonCal's Wife, Langsuir666 (Becky), JDFett's Wife (Jamie), BamaTrooper's Wife, and Cressie (This doesn't count the continuous upgrades they are all putting in though! :D ) As far as "Works-in-Progress" you've got Blue, Fangs, ItsThatGuy and myself and I know I'm missing a number of people *Dang I need more caffeine* :lol: :lol: I'm going to have to go look through the threads and refresh my failing memory...

Welcome to the world of Zam!
It is a wonderful, yet frustrating journey! It really is never-ending. My best advice is to dig right in. I had a basic game plan with cheap ideas for the materials, but I have to say I improvised a lot as I went along. I scavenged everywhere for Zam parts and that's really what took up so much of my time- going to fabric and hardware stores. I made several versions of things- like I ended up making 3 vests and I’m still not happy with the fit. This costume is very challenging. However, the feeling of finishing the costume to take pictures with other Zam's at DragonCon was so worth it! I felt like I accomplished so much and to talk with other Zam's who had been through the process was so uplifting. Be warned: I received some negativity from my friends (both SW and non-SW friends) for spending so much time and energy on a character who dies in the first 20 minutes of the movie. In fact they still give me grief about it- but I love this costume and I'm so proud of it. There is no other bounty hunter I'd rather be! :)

Welcome to the world of Zam!
Be warned: I received some negativity from my friends (both SW and non-SW friends) for spending so much time and energy on a character who dies in the first 20 minutes of the movie. In fact they still give me grief about it- but I love this costume and I'm so proud of it. There is no other bounty hunter I'd rather be! :)

What?!?!?!? Did you blast them? :lol: Not like some of the other bounty hunters had a heck of a lot of screen time either.. Bosk, IG88, Boush Leia, or some of the Imperial costumes either (Imperial Guards, gunners, techs, etc.) Heck - we at least have a screen name! ;) And a comic! Some action figures and busts and toys, and a Lego figure! (Though I wished she had been in the SW Lego game... :( ) Zam is the coolest... 8)

Almost everyone dies in Star Wars, or their limbs get cut off. I think Zam had more screen time than most of the bounty hunters. DCB had a running screen time comparison on some old thread or on the RPF. I think even more than Boba even. So what? Do what makes you happy. I get hounded from my family and friends all the time-"you're wasting your time and money", but when I am in a parade, or doing a non-profit event, and everyone is cheering us on, especially the little kids that pay attention, the character/outfit is cool again in their eyes. What-EVER!~ Besides, armor is neat. Not many armor clad female fighters out there.

I agree with Maul and ZIA and I created this costume for the same reasons. Some people just don't understand! :) And for more Zam appeal- Zam is in the new LEGO SW Complete Saga! You can play the Zam chase scene and play as her! :) Hopefully, it's under the tree so I can post screen shots later! Anyone up for a LEGO Zam costume? hehe

Zam lego, that would be cool... Hehe! The lego corp would probably want you at every con pushing their merchandise! LOL

She is? Cool! :D Unfortunately... I don't have any of the systems it will play on... :( Not until my PS2 blows up or something.... ;)

MM & Cressie~ I looked up the zam legos on ebay, did you gals too? LOL That is cool it's going to be on the wii system. You're just gonna have to fly over here and play it on our system. :lol: I'll let you be zam first! Or better yet, we can split the costume. Winner gets to play with full armor! Hehehe...

Sorry we derailed your thread Fettgirl, it's just that ~ woohoo! you can get a zam lego for around $5.00 that's so inexpensive and like NO WORK AT ALL compared to costuming the real deal :lol: Lego zam is so small and cute. Merchandise collecting can be so addicting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say Zam merchandise doesn't break my bank nearly as much as my Maul merchandise... *sighs* Not nearly so much stuff to collect.

Yeah... think I can get a Zam Lego thingy... that'll be my Xmas present to myself! :lol: She can sit in my Zam Lego speeder! ;)

Welcome FettGirl, we have been expecting you :)

I'd say Zam is the best Star Wars character out there by miles. Very cool costume. One day I'll wear Becky's in secret. (Langsuir666 - im her better half)

Any help you need just ask.

Zam lego is ace, he he. I got Becky a Zam Wessel lego figure a few months back but I think it's a custom job, they maybe offical now though.
In the game she's pretty bad @ss too :)

I'd sday we spent around £1500 - £2000 on beckys costume. Most of that, £500 or so, has gone to my queens greedy fat pockets in import tax though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back