FP Armor - Version 3

Sheesh! Glad nobody was hurt and your truck wasn't damaged.
We had something like that happen to one of our F-16s while I was stationed in Germany. The pilot had landed after a mission, taxied back to his parking location, and did a "U-turn" in front of the HAS (hardened acft shelter) so the tow crew could hook up and back the jet into the shelter.
Well, about 5 minutes after he shut the engine down, a gust of wind caught the jet and it started sliding across the ramp!! It stopped when the wingtip (with a training missile loaded) slammed into the big steel HAS door! :eek:
That was 1 of 3 ice-related incidents within 24 hours over there. After the third one, our wing commander shut down flightline operations for a day. :lol:

Ya well.....My........Jet....has real bombs! So ja....You just....You just top that, Buddy. :lol:p;):lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dunno mate... drives me crazy sometimes! Grrr
I've got exactly the same response from USPS? left USA 22nd? I know it's no-ones fault... just eager to get started on my first Fett?

Sorry for the rant guys... :eek:

Cleared out some PM's :lol: Get back wit ya soon Foxbat :)

SJ - glad they were just training missiles. Good lord, that could have been
tragic ! Yeah no damage to the truck, no one hurt. And I know there was drive by activity too. I'm really surprised I didn't get a knock on the door from someone :confused

Mojo - Dude, I really hope the shipment is ok. Maybe they opened it, and couldn't get it all stuffed back in :facepalm I can't even believe it's taken this long. There has to be something wrong :angry So much for hoping the parts are worth the wait now. I'm not even sure that it would be worth it anymore if the parts were screen used :facepalm What a way to start your first Fett. Volkerc is having a similar issue with his shipment too ... and after all the bad luck he's had with deals in this last 6 months, this was the straw that broke the camels back - he is getting sour with the hobby before it even begun for him. Understandably so ....

Brian - did you get your package ???

FP

For you all waiting on an overseas shipment, be patient. I know you have been, but I'm sure your shipment will arrive. I've had to mail overseas a couple of times and it takes forever! They'll say it will arrive in two weeks, but that really means a month. It's a pain, but check out the shipping rates for UPS and FedEx. OUTRAGEOUS! Hang in there!

*update* My package has now cleared UK customs and has now entered the 'hub' what ever that means... Not long now!! :D

Sorry for rant other night guys... NO reflection on the MAN!

FP :cheers

Totally understandable Mojo, no worries. But fortunately, in this instance, the wait will COMPLETELY be worth it!!:cheers

I know Scott...
You got some sweet Armour there too? bet you can't wait to receive it? :lol:

Thanks for the understanding.... OH and I totally bet it will be... ;)

*Update*

It's official... I am as happy as a pig in poo! :lol:
This was soooo worth the wait! well packaged (tons of peanut foam) FP you the man and the 'parts' ALL look awesome... ;)

FP, PM coming about a little something missing? :confused

pics...

S6300098c.JPG

S6300100.JPG

S6300103.JPG

For you all waiting on an overseas shipment, be patient. I know you have been, but I'm sure your shipment will arrive. I've had to mail overseas a couple of times and it takes forever! They'll say it will arrive in two weeks, but that really means a month. It's a pain, but check out the shipping rates for UPS and FedEx. OUTRAGEOUS! Hang in there!

Well it doesn't take forever... only if some customs agent sits on the box for a few weeks. The postal system works awesome. And UPS and fedex is not always that much faster than usps, trust me.

I can't complain, fettpride mailed my armor on 12/21/07 and it arrived on 1/7/08 in germany. Boy is that armor awesome!!! Fantastic work Fettpride! Thanks for all your help!
Dscn5674armor.jpg

Any chance of another run?

At the very least I'd love to replace my V2 bells and knees but a complete set would be awesome.

Man...you guys sure like to tease the ones that don't have their armour yet with all these fancy, shiny pictures don't you!? :lol: LOL

I'm really looking forward to working on this project, the armour just looks spectacular! I can only hope that my painting skills are good enough to do the armour justice! (y)

Im curious if your going to do another. Im also curious if you completed that trek yet. I may send you some files to hold on to so I dont lose them. The amount of data I go through, I lose stuff ALOT:)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back