Girth Belt Run(Interest thread)

JDFett

Well-Known Hunter
Girth Belt Run! Order by Dec. 7th!!

This is a go. I will be purchasing 160 meters of 6mm 4 ply braided bolo dyed in the color below....

Granada3MM_Full.jpg

The cost is $230 shipped and they should be done within a month or so depending on production time for the special order bolo cord.

Please paypal me at

sithlord7768@msn.com

no later than January 1st or finished belts will be offered to other interested parties.

RUN LIST

1. Itsthatguy----------Shipped
2. Jango72------------Shipped
3. thedentedone---------completed - shipping in the am
4. Florida_Phil---------Shipped
5. HMPOTC33 --------full belt - 35" w/snaps (waiting payment)

Please be sure to double check your measurments. Dont forget you are putting this over your vest and jumpsuit and you need to account for that!

Last edited by a moderator:
good news! heard back from my supplier and heres what he says...tell me what you think...

John,

We can manufacture your 4 ply braided bolo. We can do this in either 6 mm or 7 mm. 7 mm is a true 1/4", while 6 mm is just slightly under 1/4" in diameter. Please advise as there is a price difference.

As for your color; In order to match as closely as possible, we would need an actual sample to work from. It is simply not possible to color match from a picture. While we have no doubt we can closely match your color, an actual sample would be necessary.

Please advise as to the size, and we will be happy to quote your project.

Sincerely,

Dan
Customer Service

I'm thinking get it in natural and then i can either dye it or leave it natural and let you guys do the dye process so it matches what your looking for...what say you guys? Also for the guys with experience in seeing this stuff, what do you think about the 6mm vs 7mm comment? if it is a true 1/4" is that what we want...if so I'll go with the 7mm like he suggests.

I would be extremely hesitant about going with the 7mm. I think it will be too large. I would ask for samples of both before committing to an order.

probably best to go with the 6mm anyway..even if it is just under 1/4" i think that would allow for any small gaps between and make for a more accurate belt...

okay...since i really want to get this going and i havnt seen many new posts, here is what i'll do...I'm getting 160 meters of this stuff, enough for the construction of 8 belts. one going to me...obviously LOL, that leaves the other 7 up for grabs. if your name is on the list your all set, just don't forget me when the belts are ready.

updated first post

was looking through the old thread and saw i had originally quoted 230...even though that was before I found out price particulars, i feel it's only fair to keep that cost. please take note before sending me the cash....the materials and shipping is going to cost me about that so i guess you can thank the maker for donating his time!;)

so I was just told by the supplier that i can get any color on the site for the braided cord. so looking into the options I found one in the round cord section that looks to be a super match for the screen used color. any comments? I think this is what i will tell him to do the cord in. He is sending me a sample so i can see it in person prior to doing the run..

normal_jango3.jpg

Granada3MM_Full.jpg

Will you ever reveal your source so that it can be used as a reliable source for fellow TDH members in the future?

your are sly as a "fox" bat! LOL

ya I'm sorry...i didnt mean to sound like a source hog..LOL yes its leathercordusa...very good company to work with so far...i thought seeing as i posted some pictures it would be easy to see where i got them from by replying to a message...;)

they have done a lot of movies and special orders...the sales guy has been real good to work with. just for future reference, they will only do special orders if you get a minimum of 50 meters of this stuff so you really need at least three on board to get it done...or at least plan to make 3 belts.

he is sending me a sample as we speak...im assuming it will be a tad darker in person as lighting and flash tend to lighten up stuff

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back