Don Post question

Can I get opinions on the 1996 Don Post Boba Fett helmet as far as quality, accuracy etc. Also, is it painted ESB or ROTJ version or is there even a difference when it comes to the lid.

The '96 DP is a pretty nice starter bucket, but will require a complete repaint to make it resemble either of the screen used helmets. A little undersized as far as movie accuracy and a little thinner mold than the DP '95. But still WORLDS better than the DP '97 or Rubies version. As for the paint job, I would say its the DP version rather than ESB or RotJ as there are no identifiable scratches or dings that are conducive to either of the film used buckets. Plus it has the ESB colored killstripes and the RotJ ears.

i got lucky w/ my DP 97' . back in 97 i had ordered it directly from don post studios, and to me looks way different than alot of them. mine is remarkably sturdy and holds its shape.

id say for a starter bucket if u can land a DP go 4 it over a rubies. but honestly if ur gonna pay in the ballpark of $70+ for it, save a little bit more and try to get a sgt fang kit instead. keep ur eyes peeled in the cargo hold or pm sgt fang and see if he's taking orders/availability.

heres pics of my DP b4 and after some paint re-work. its still not finished :lol:

HPIM0878.jpg

HPIM0879.jpg

HPIM1073.jpg

HPIM1065.jpg

If accuracy is what you are going for then forget the Don Post ... it is small and needs a really good paintjob to get it to look decent AND you need to change the visor. For less than 50$ I would say it's a good starter helmet (it's what I have). Make sure it has kept it's original shape because re-shaping can be a pain in the butt.

Get a SgtFang or from thers makers on this site... they will be way more accurate and require about the same amount of work... I wish I had known that before I re-did my Don Post helmet.... ;)

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Here is a pic of my Reworked Don Post 1996 with new visor, interior lining and complete paint job (2 full days). My helmet actually retained it's shape quite nicely.

casque nouvelle visière 01.JPG

casque nouvelle visière 02.JPG

All I can say is "WOW" those look awesome. SAdly, I don't think I have the skill to take on a re-work of a helmet.......at least not yet. The Don Post is up for grabs on EBay and at $45 right now. Probably will let it go. There is another auction going on for a set of Fett armor. it includes the flak jacket, chest and neck armor, cod piece, shoulders and knees. Seller is in Australia. If i provide a link would anyone oyt there be willing to wiegh in on how it looks. If it were clone armor, I would be able to judge for myself, but not anything Fett. Thanks in advance..............

Last edited by a moderator:
boba fettish, just and FYI heads up we are not allowed to post auction links that are not our own auctions (y)

:cheers

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back