$20$ flight suit !! biglots find

Jluck

Active Hunter
while checking out biglots lastnite, i saw a rack of coveralls and low-and-behold they had whilte ones!! (y) $20 on sale for $15!!

and with very little alterations i think will make a great match!! im gonna take off the front breast pockets, and the back pockets as well. ALSO save the back pockets becasue WOF shin pocket templates fit perfect!! so why not use that material!!

so with about $4-6 bucks worth of material to make the thigh pockets and some dye. cutting up the sleeves to make them proper..a few hrs of time and it will be a good boba flight suit for $25 !!! cant beat that! ;) heres a couple pics of the suit.... hope this find helps some ppl out!! :cheers
(y)
~shawn

HPIM1182.jpg

HPIM1183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, the good ol days when they were pick 'n' save, I'll miss that.

Bloody good find mate!!!!:cheers

I wish all biglots were the same with products...:cry

i found them at the store on vandyke (m-53) and N of 23. they had about 10 white ones left on thursday (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to score a few of these today. That's for the tip! I thimk they fit quite baggy though. I got the 46 LG, and height wise, it's great. The legs are really baggy, as is the body. I bought a couple, so I may rip the stitches up both sides, and take it in an inch or two on each side. I don't want it snug, but I'd like the legs to taper a bit more.

Any one else have any better suggestions for modding and off the shelf jumpsuit?

jluck,

Have you made any progress modding your jumpsuit? I've been trying different things to improve the fit. What seems to be working was turning the whole thing inside out, and stitching an inch in from the edge of the original stitching. It basically takes in two inches on both sides, and about 4" from the waist and chest. I tapered my new stitch at the top to meet up with the armpit. I didn't feel like monkeying with that part. I'll try to post pics this weekend.

kibosh

i havent actually alter the suit at all yet. i'm a bit slow latley so ....igot as far as the thigh pockets, shin pockets, sewen, and the side pouches, spats and cape....after that i got more involved on my helmet......

ill post when i get further along..... i would like to see how urs came out! (y)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back