My EE-3 work up.

Hey folks. After some time off I'm trying to get back to work on this costume. Thought I would share my work so far on my ESB EE-3 from TD-4242's kit. Constructive criticism welcome. Keep in mind I haven't done any kind of weathering to the prop yet. Thanks.

normal_HPIM0587.jpg

normal_HPIM1149.jpg

normal_HPIM1148.jpg

normal_HPIM1151.jpg

normal_HPIM1152.jpg

Thanks, Andy. Thats from the SciFire tutorial. I dry brushed on the white latex paint. Bill's stock had lots of great wood grain detail in it that I didn't want to loose so after the black undercoat I just dry brushed white over that to keep some of the black showing through and kept the brush strokes going in one direction. The Wood stain was applied in (lots of) layers till I was happy with it. I just need to add some soot to the barrel and a bit of damage to the square greeblies on the stock and I think I'm done.

Hehe, I figured you used the sci-fire method! That's what I used on mine, however I added a layer of Testor's Dullcoat to mine, and I never got around to painting the outline of the center box orange. I think your stock turned out perfect thought!! Latex paint and wood stain is definitely the way to go.

Here is how mine turned out:
CIMG0092.jpg

I was thinking of using a dull coat on parts of mine to finish off but I have this irrational fear of the paint job cracking if I do. I was going to try to protect the gun with a gloss coat followed up by a dull coat on the areas that are not supposed to be shiny to bring the shine back down to normal. Thats a trick I used painting Warhammer 40K minis for competition. Problem is I've used so many different types of paint on this thing that I have no idea what I can get away with.

I was thinking of using a dull coat on parts of mine to finish off but I have this irrational fear of the paint job cracking if I do. I was going to try to protect the gun with a gloss coat followed up by a dull coat on the areas that are not supposed to be shiny to bring the shine back down to normal. Thats a trick I used painting Warhammer 40K minis for competition. Problem is I've used so many different types of paint on this thing that I have no idea what I can get away with.
You should probably be able to get away with a dullcoat once the paints have all completely dried. I didn't dullcoat my stock until a week after the stain dried, "Just to make sure."

Don't you just love how light that blaster is?? With the rotocast hollow everything, it weighs next to nothing!

Sorry to sound like a dunce... but is there any pics of the center box with the orange outline? never seen that before? :confused

Found it in this HD shot from ESB.

normal_ESB_HD_016.png

And in this close up still.

GAUNTwithBrownbelt.jpg

That was from a posting highlighting the gaunt details hence the arrows. Hope those help.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back