Mandalorian Mercs, Mand'alor helmet.

NovallTalon

Well-Known Hunter
Well, I've been working on this for a good month now. Wow, this has probably been the hardest piece of armor to paint and mask that I've ever worked with. It's coming together really nice though, been keeping a WIP on the Mercs forums and figured I would toss some pics up here so that everyone who hasn't seen it yet can.

weather1.jpg

weather2.jpg

weather3.jpg

weather4.jpg

Still working on getting all the masking off the bronze domes ontop. I had to use multiple layers because tape didn't work. There are a couple really small blemishes that I gotta sponge some white over...there almost unnoticeable. Anyhow, it's coming together nicely...I think future Mand'alors of Mercs will enjoy wearing it =)

This is one of Marrow Sun's custom helmets he pulled a while back. This is the helmet of the elected leader of the Mandalorian Mercs group. It's not something from EU, just an organizational perk of being elected to lead. It's supposed to be passed from leader to leader just like the traditional mask of Mand'alor was done.

Thank you for the compliment! It's a testament to Marrow Sun's sculpting ability and one pain in the whazoo to paint =D

Are my eyes playing tricks on me? It looks like the pics are reversed. I've been following this on the Mercs site and I guess I must have missed these. I'm assuming the reversed ears are on purpose.

David.

It's the paint. The bottom layer is aluminum and then above that is a darkleaf bronze. It's supposed to be 2 separate layers of Beskar (Mandalorian Iron). The aluminum is the hard layer for absorption, and the bronze is a softer layer for dissipation.

I like those hoses. *steals idea*
That visor is a bit hard to see against the black highlights, it may be the lighting though.

I had an extra Bobamaker visor sitting around. I gotta wipe the smudges off.

Yes, after alot of consideration...I decided to keep all black around the visor. When you look at the helmet straight on, or even from the side...it takes on a very mysterious and menacing look. I had thought about painting the inside of the distended mandibles white, but ruled it out for the look I'm trying to produce.

The hoses are awesome, and will be providing me with air via battery run silent air pumps. I used soft drink bottle lids on the helmet, and soft drink bottle necks in the hoses. The connect seamlessly =)

Wow! looks great! I'm not so sure about the red and white flak vest with ducks on it though. Little duckis don't necessarily scream, "I demand respect!" The fringe is a nice touch though.;)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back