Mandalorian Mercs, Mand'alor helmet.

It's looking great, Tom! I can't wait to see what you do to the inside of that bucket. THe last one had what, 50 volts worth of battery power? This is going to have 75 maybe?

There will be alot =D Luckly the visor optics are run by their own small rechargable pack. I'm sure there will be 70+ volts in this helmet...there's plenty of room for it.

This helmet will have day/night optics on inside of the visor, the RF also has working day/night optics. Voice amp as well as limited channel comms, an RF servo with remote board. There will also be fresh air pumped up into the helmet via the rubber hoses and 2 silent battery operated pumps in the jet pack as this helmet will have a leather seal around the bottom.

That enough =D I don't think I'll be able to squeeze much else inside.

Trying to keep this practical and as close to what an "in universe" helmet would have in it based on what we know from the movies, books, and comics. There are some down sides though. The visor optics unfortunately only show a small amount of viewing area, so I still have to look out the sides of the visor to get a full picture of who is around me. I thought about making it show a rear view, but I didn't think it would be a good idea if my eyes were looking at what was behind me all the time =) Might get pretty confusing actually.

LOL, yeah you don't need much x-ray vision at DCon.

I think rear view cameras would be totally amazing. If your worried about getting confused then you could have it on a switch so that you can alternate between forward and rear view in your helmet.

How some of the things running around at D*Con look like....I think I'd pass on the X-ray vision anyway. :lol:

I'm gonna go for the rear-vision cam... stick it into the middle slot on the back. I'll let you try it out if we ever meet up, so you can see if you want to incorporate it.

Wow! Your helmet looks awesome! I got one of these from M_S as well. Having never seen yours before here's what I did with mine. Still a long way from being done, you're right though, it's a nightmare to mask...that's why it's taking so long to do, I have to be in a very patient mood to work on it!:) Great color choices too!:lol:

marrowsun01.jpg

Great work! Both of you!!!!!

Hey Novall, Although that is not the first time I have seen hoses on a mando helmet...I must say, that looks great!

Visor optics have been installed, and work great!

DSCF0432.jpg

The bright spot on here is just the camera. It is color vision, with low light enhancement for night time.

DSCF0430.jpg

I've walked around with it on, and the biggest problem is just getting used to the distortion. Once thats worked through then there shouldn't be any issues.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back