Walon Vau Walon Vau

tb2849

New Hunter
I've not been on for a while but I've got a new variant for you. The hardest parts are over with just some ongoing never ending tweaking. For those of you who read the republic commando series, I've brought one of the characters to life with a lot of input from the creator Karen Traviss I've done nothing Karen hasn't approved.
Like I said It's not but 85% finished I'm making custom gauntlets I'm going with different boots plus boot armor (no laces). Well enough stalling, meet Walon Vau. I'm still working on the strill

D3.JPG

D4.JPG

Really good, but I concur with Enyc - it's described as being black; Omega Squad black. The T-visor still leaves for imagination and additional things, so stick to the colour you are using ;-)

Looks really good (y)

Well more updates for yall. These were taken about five min. ago, so fresh from my living room to you. I've added some simple gauntlets one with a data pad that we're always hearing about. A pistol that used to be a toy thats been modified. and Rock climbing shoes with leather east German army gaiters.
On some of the comments...
1.Yes I would love to hook up at a con (with two squads of commandos ideally)
2. In my contact with Karen she recommended the bronze accents on the armor. The paint is actually textured to look like hammered bronze. (her idea)
3. Yes I'm the one from Bloodfin. Wha'cha needin'?

Once again let me know what you think.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20961763@N03/

Well more updates for yall. These were taken about five min. ago, so fresh from my living room to you. I've added some simple gauntlets one with a data pad that we're always hearing about. A pistol that used to be a toy thats been modified. and Rock climbing shoes with leather east German army gaiters.
On some of the comments...
1.Yes I would love to hook up at a con (with two squads of commandos ideally)
2. In my contact with Karen she recommended the bronze accents on the armor. The paint is actually textured to look like hammered bronze. (her idea)
3. Yes I'm the one from Bloodfin. Wha'cha needin'?

Once again let me know what you think.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20961763@N03/

Excellent, I love the brass color on the visor, it looks so sharp....The design over all is awsome. :cheers

I was looking for those pics you just so wonderfully provided... I'll send you a PM asking for more details on that. I've been looking to make a Vau as well.

I'm loving it. I can just picture how great it would be at Celebration V to see Kal and Omega, Vau and Delta, Bardan, Etain, and the Nulls all together.

ShatirLavan, watch for it. The Mercs from FL might have something for you... Ohl'd as Kal, me as Vau, Xeryx as Mereel, and we'll see who else we can pull in. Might even be able to get my fiance to do Etain... Dunno how likely that is, though.

Looking Great so far! Did karen approve the red Detailing on the Bucket? All I can find so far is that Vau's armor was completely matt black?

The bronze I believe is supposed to represent a version of Beskar (Mandalorian iron) that was produced in a certain part of the planet Mandalore. Ray Ramirez and I had a short convro about this one time concerning how Karen had been talking about differing armor production methods that would color Beskar differently. That is probably why she suggested the hand hammered bronze color IMHO.

Novall "Beskar'lovik" Talon

I gotta say this looks really great. I love the belts your using, especially the blue one, what in the world was that originally? Either way, much respect- I don't know the character, but I plan on reading the republic commando books after I finish the one I'm on now.

Great work!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back