A Question for the younger crowd-

I have every release of Star Wars... Every Version... The original release of 4-6 in a VHS Box Set, and on DVD, as well as the Special Editions, and the Prequel Adapted Editions. I also have all the Prequels as well, on VHS and DVD..

I must be the only person here so far to not see it as one better than the other, but as a progression of the story.... I love the story throughout... Now being Anakins life story instead of Luke Skywalkers, yet i can still appreciate either... I do prefer the lightsaber duels and fight scenes in the prequels better, but also I love the classic stances and combat in the originals, showing a rookie Luke up against a time beaten mechanical sith... shows the struggle being even between the two..

But one thing is for certain... Jar Jar is no C-3PO replacement.. :p

Is there anyone else on here that still watches them in this order.. 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3...? I get that way sometimes, more enjoyable... :)

Born in 1981, saw ROTJ in the theater at the wee age of 2 and grew up on the OT. I consider the PT and OT to be equal, with some aspects of the PT better than the OT and vice versa. It's all Star Wars to me and each movie has its strengths and weaknesses.

Born in '83 - Though I never saw the OT in the theaters, I did watch them on TV. They would come one like once a year on TNN (or whatever the staion was back then). It was a huge family event - My dad, brother and I would all watch them together...while my mom pretended to watch... :lol:

My brother was born in '74 and grew up with Star Wars and was a huge fan too growing up.

I have seen every NT movie on opening day, but they don't compared to IV-VI.

I-III are pretty bad and incosistent...But I still have an appreciation for them.

I am working on a Jango costume, but not because I like the character - it's because his costume is awesome, and more kids (9 and younger) recognize him... So it will be more fun to troop with.

I don't know, I watched the original first when I was uber little, before ep 123. I think I still have the tape for New Hope. R2 was my fovarite because I thought he was SO CUTE. Anyways, it's not like I was into SW when I was a kid (I was busy with barbie dolls and stuff) however my first logo set was a Biker Tropper set with Luke.
o_O
I saw ep1 when it came out and had no idea what was going on. I skipped ep2 and then I went and saw ep3 in the theatre because I thought Darth Vader was hot.
I think that's when I finially got into it because I was like 'dude, R2 kicked ***'. But I got more and more into it after I started to make my custome (I had done many customes from other movies before). And now, damn it, I'm obsessed.

Oh and young Obi is hot too... and Han solo... hmmm Han Solo... the original Jack Sparrow...

I think evryone figures that younger people prefer the prequels....But I'm here to tell you that the Prequels where bad even for us younger people! :lol: I hate the sillyness of the PT, not to mention it would of helped a WHOLE LOT to have had a story.......OT all the way baby!

Born in 91 - and I watched the OT on cassette. I saw Ep I, II, and III all on release day, and Ep I what made me a hardcore SW fan. I loved seeing the new movies in the theaters and have better memories of them. Do I prefer them over the OT? Not really - but its that warm fuzzy kid feeling I get when I watch all of them.

No kidding. That was my first lego set as well.

holy snap!!!!

Legos FTW!!!

Anyways I don't think the movies are what turned me into a hard core fan. It's only after reading the novels that I become obsessed. (Han Solo trilogy, then legacy, and a few comics) So you can say I'm more of a fan of the EU then the movies :p

ahhhhhh the "original" star wars legos. I remember see the banners for them in Toy R' Us when I was about 7 or 8 and getting so excited that i drove my parents crazy. they came out on January 22nd if I recollect correctly...yeah I actually remember lol

I'm 21, so I was 12 when TPM came out in theatres. And yes, I'll admit it, I was a Jarjar fan. I even learned the voice, and would mimic him in school just to annoy other people.

Personally, I could not pick one trilogy over the other. I love Star Wars in its entirety. I prefer some aspects of each over the other. Aside from the obviously better digital effects, the prequels have better locations, and a more diverse population, IMO. However, the originals have better characterization. It's a balance.

In my eyes, though, Star Wars is nothing without the EU. That's what I love most, especially the NJO and Legacy eras. And anything with Mandalorians. Kar'buir has really made a remarkable culture. In my eyes, she's right up there with Tolkien in terms of how much passion, detail, and depth she has in her writing.

I do beleive my first figure that was non-vintage was a SOTE Luke in Gaurd Disguise.....And then it went all down hill from there. :lol:

I'm 21, so I was 12 when TPM came out in theatres. And yes, I'll admit it, I was a Jarjar fan. I even learned the voice, and would mimic him in school just to annoy other people.

Personally, I could not pick one trilogy over the other. I love Star Wars in its entirety. I prefer some aspects of each over the other. Aside from the obviously better digital effects, the prequels have better locations, and a more diverse population, IMO. However, the originals have better characterization. It's a balance.

In my eyes, though, Star Wars is nothing without the EU. That's what I love most, especially the NJO and Legacy eras. And anything with Mandalorians. Kar'buir has really made a remarkable culture. In my eyes, she's right up there with Tolkien in terms of how much passion, detail, and depth she has in her writing.
Jar Jar ownz.

I'm almost 16 now but I like the OT better then 1/2/3, Ok I DO like episode 1/2/3 all those CGI battles, but damn CGI. its just amazing what effect you can create with some smoke and explosives and still make it realistic.

Ruben

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back