Machined Westar Barrels

nothing new here? im so in for some barrels or even the full blasters...those look great, even without the curve they are miles ahead of a rubies!

I hope you brought extras!
If you make these as accurate as they appear to be turning out....your going to have a huge interest.(y)

Left one has curve. Too subtle?

2008_0504ella0023 (2).jpg

It is quite more subtle than the curve on the MRs, but it is better than nothing at all. It's your project so you get to decided ultimately, but if it were mine I'd go with a little more curve if it's something that's easily done. Either way, looking good. Like I've said, best fan made blasters I've ever seen!(y)

you should post some update shots in this thread bro! im still very interested in getting a set...did you ever decide on what you wanted to do with the handle and trigger situation? im still in for the barrels if you stop there..

No, these are not built to the WOF templates. I sat out on the deck one sunny saturday last summer and scaled my own drawing from a bunch of photos. Even so it is close to the WOF measurements. The biggest difference is in the diameter of the barrel and the flash suppressor. Mine are about 20% less than WOF in those areas. The barrel is slightly longer ,also. I believe it looks less bulky that way. The major difference will be in the finish. The MR's look highly polished, these will not be, as befitting a military weapon.
Westarsmith

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back