Fading the Jumpsuit?

Skaught

Active Hunter
I have a custom made jumpsuit that I got years ago from Prop Palace (before I knew about the background -- I didn't do business with them/him again after that). The suit is actually pretty nice. The one problem though is the color. It's a nice new looking baby blue-ish color. Probably accurate for a fresh off the line Mandalorian jumpsuit, but not really what you want for a battle worn look.

I was thinking about using some Ritt Color Remover on it to see about fading it down a bit to something a bit more "used" looking. I've used the stuff on something I recently used Ritt dye on, but not on something factory dyed. Any thoughts or other ideas?

Thanks!

Scott

Leave it out in the sun? Wash it on hot a bunch of times? Depends on of it's all cotton or not.

Years and years ago, people laid the cloth out on the grass and stood WAY back, and then misted over it with different colors of spray paint. You have to stand WAY back. You just want the wind to carry tiny particles over the cloth. I think I used dark gray and green, and it worked really well. Stand WAY back. Err on the side of caution.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back