BatNinja's Beacon Light Tutorial

There is a mild heat issue, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. The aluminum neck of the beacon seems to dissipate the heat. I've had the system turned on for over two hours, and no melting or other issues.

Revisiting this project, I've since redone the wiring, removing the battery/switch box and installing a standard two-battery holder and separate on/off switch. The battery holder is positioned where I can access it to change out batteries (close to the 'pack door), and the switch is located on the very bottom of the pack, in the 'vent' area. Kind of invisible, as it can't be seen unless you're looking up in the vent from the bottom. :)

I just picked up a previously owned pack that needs some work, and I'm definitely going to attempt your awesome project, Thanks!! Nice work!

Hi Batninja, I checked on-line for the bulb, but they don't seem to have that part number available. They do have several other krypton bulbs, but I'm not sure which one to get. I want to make sure I get one that won't be under / overpowered. Do you have a suggestion ?

Thanks,
Timmer

I actually had two spare bulbs for a mini mag lying around, so I wired one up as a test. It works very well, I just need to attach a switch and install it when I'm finished painting.

Thanks for the tips !

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back