NEW WAY TO DYE GIRTH BELTS!!!

Well whistle8mp, it worked fantastic and it was sooo easy. No more than 30 minutes from start to all cleaned up. I went with the China Red and I think it looks darn good.

Bountyone, good suggesting Vaseline on the hardware, but the water based stain wipes right off the metal.

Thanks whistle8mp and all those posting here. Great education and help!!!

Wow this thread just got bumped, glad to hear your girth dye went well. I went threw hell and back trying to find a reasonable method and to see it helping you all makes my day.

So would these be what I see on the store shelves as "water-based" stains? I haven't been able to find any that say latex.

From the colours available, I'm thinking I'll try rosewood for the ESB belt. It's a very nice brown with a nice, warm red undertone.

--Jonah

So would these be what I see on the store shelves as "water-based" stains? I haven't been able to find any that say latex.

From the colours available, I'm thinking I'll try rosewood for the ESB belt. It's a very nice brown with a nice, warm red undertone.

--Jonah
Yes water based is a latex stain, that is the right one

Hey guys. I am in need of a girth belt, and I saw a nylon cord girth and before I buy it I have a question.

Would this stain work good with a nylon belt? Or something more of a cotton Girth?

dont buy the nylon girths! i bought two thinking i was getting a sweet deal and the dont die. basically cuz they are palstic. also someone asked about spray paint. ive done that befor too and in my experiense for some reason the smell never comes out if u spray paint fabric i even did fabric spraypaint. i live in a more rural area so im going to take my 2 nylon belts and see if i can trade someone with horses for there old ones. plus im trying to get5 enough hair to do a wookie braid run.

This is for the Mod staff to decide, I was hoping to make this thread a sticky since dyeing a girth is one of the hardest soft parts of the suit. It seems to me that it would help up and comers as well.

This is for the Mod staff to decide, I was hoping to make this thread a sticky since dyeing a girth is one of the hardest soft parts of the suit. It seems to me that it would help up and comers as well.

At your service. I'm sure this will be one for the Wiki too.

You guys do realize you can add your own entries to the wiki, right? If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask!

Tried the "stain" method after turning a girth belt light pink via several RIT dyes packs. The "stain" worked like a charm and is infinately easier than dye. Good call.

Wow! this is just what I was looking for. I've tried twice to color a girth and neather of the darn things terned out right. thanks for the help.

i spray painted my girth. not good. did not cover all the white areas. belt got really hard and flaky. smelled like spraypaint gave me a head ache. has anyone tried latex paint. i know it's not the same but will it work.

This thread is more than 47 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back