Sniper Rifle

tooclonecrazy

New Hunter
Zam's sniper rifle is a good basis for a custom sniper rifle. Anyone have or know where I can get templates of Zam's rifle to do a metal custom? Or does anyone know of a site that has templates to make metal rifles?
Thanks. :zam

There's no template, but there's a great side shot of it in the visual dictionary and it was on display at several exhibits.

It's actually a Kentucky flintlock that the barrel has been modified and of course the scope added and the greeblies on the side added. But the base you can find on eBay for about $30-$50 I believe. Non-working of course...

That would be something to google. Or try the search function here and look for some older threads where people built up this rifle (most of which is wood).

Don't remember anyone doing that. Everyone who wanted the rifle just bought the Kentucky Flintlock as far as I know. You might try the Mandalorian forum here on TDH as they often make custom parts.

I meant the people that took the kentucky flintlock and disassembled it, modified it and added on all the extra parts.

I just used the reference photos and got my mate Ian to make the greeblies dude.

I can help you all I can on it and when I have time maybe it would be a good idea to put a tutorial up on it.

Have a look at Langsuir666's Zam progress thread. ( a few topics below) I tried to take pictures wherever i could :)

I meant the people that took the kentucky flintlock and disassembled it, modified it and added on all the extra parts.

Sorry... think our posts got crossed... ;) I was referring to Tooclonecrazy's post.

I meant making the rifle from scratch out of metal. I've never heard of anyone doing that for the Zam Rifle! I think we've all taken the Kentucky flintlock, taken it apart and modified it.

I made the rifle from scratch out of MDF and aluminium, I started by creating a vector template first (from the pic in the Vis Dictionary) using FreeHand, printed it out 1:1.

{E} just found the files, I have a JPG and an Adobe Illustrator at 1:1 if anyone will find it useful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if they are the same... The Zam Rifle/Kentucky Flintlock has a certain look to it. You also have to be able to tear it down to paint it, and replace the barrel and such.

The replica of the Kentucky Flintlock I have cost me $40 or so... *I think* so it wasn't very expensive at all. Just needs some work when you get it.

Yep... that's it. But I know I didn't pay any $113 for it! I got it off eBay for a heckuva lot less than that. Maybe closer to $60?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back