Jango Progress

Steelblitz

Active Hunter
Strated initially by getting a BKBT helmet partially finished and an SGB flightsuit and vest from the cargo hold early in the year. Dyed the flightsuit more of the correct denim/purple color and still have to get my wife to mod the vest by making the shoulder openings more vertical and closing the neck hole some.

My helmet was already partially finsihed as I stated, but there was two slight cracks coming down from the lower visor corners. Also, I didnt like how the visor opening and key slots were trimmed, so I wanted to redo those areas. On top of those reasons, the rest of the amro I started to rub-n-buff seemed twice as shiney as the helmet, so it had to be done.

I sanded the thing down and went to down with repairing the cracks, priming, sanding, wetsanding, priming, etcc... you get the idea.

Helmet when I got it:

jango003.jpg

Initial sanding stage. It was a bugger getting the ears off!! Note one crack area I made deeper on purpose. Later filled that in with resin and also reinforced the inside corners. This was on both sides of the helmet.
BKBT009.jpg

First coat of primer:
BKBT012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After some rub-n-buff.

BKBT019.jpg

BKBT023.jpg

It's not quite the chrome dome look I've seen by some on here, but it suits me and has twice the shine compared to before.

Got a coat of some ocean blue on yesterday and the helmet sits this way at the moment. Need to hit the cheeks and ear peices with the royal blue still.

BKBT033.jpg

BKBT028.jpg

Got the full compliment of BKBT armor not too long ago, except for the knees and shins.
BKBTarmor001.jpg

Also have a Cruzer backplate that I need to redo the rub-n-buff on. (my fault at rushing)
backplate001.jpg

Got this much finished with the foot armor, thighs, and shoulders to be redone later in the week. (yes I redo everything three times generally :lol:)

BKBT027.jpg

BKBT026.jpg

Got the material from Cruzer awhile ago for the girth belt, tackled that except for the staining to be done,

bolobelt002.gif

I can't really say look at this picture, because it just wouldnt be right :lol:, but I was trying on the bolo belt with the cod and thighs. The armor was held on with duct tape while I tried to take the picture myself, so things are out of place.

BKBTarmor003.jpg

Yes, I shamefuly have the thigh armor on the wrong legs, this shows you what NOT to do. :lol:

I am also waiting on a set of holsters from Cruzer at the moment. Ammo pouch is next and the the gauntlets and jet pack are the next big items. The gauntlets and jet pack I may tackle myself knowing my propensity to make those types of items. You clone guys know what I mean.

Didn't I just recently see you post a fantastic jango bucket you just finished working on? I think you motivated me to start posting some stuff seeing that awesome piece of work of yours.

Yup, I did just finish the BKBT dented version, was fun and hope you have the same. Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to seeing your Jango come together which will be my motivation. I did just recieve Robeewankenobes Jango pouch and its pretty nice for a pretty price. So I'm slowly gathering goodies for my eventual Jango.

Havent made much progress on the Jango, but have been collecting parts here and there.

Made the foot armor straps today and attached them. Still have to weather the foot armor.
xmastest027.jpg

Havent touched the helmet recently but a couple of weeks ago I did get to finish painting it, t-nut'd the visor, padded, and added the stripes. I still need to weather it, screen the keyslots, and add a fan.
xmastest021.jpg

xmastest020.jpg

xmastest022.jpg

Holsters I got awhile ago feel better now that they arent empty.
xmastest.jpg

I'm hoping to assemble the cod, girth belt, ammo pouches, and thighs this weekend with the chicago screw method I read that Jango 5204 suggested. MoW jet pack will be ordered tomorrow and waiting for the Cruzer gauntlets run to begin.

Had my son take a couple pics to see where I was at. Sorry there grainy to all heck pictures with bad color.

I made myself a new vest last night. My old SGB vest had about a 2-3 inch gap between the collar of the flightsuit and the collar of the vest, so a new vest was needed to move the collar armor up, especially since I have a long neck. I also wanted to move my shoudler inwards about two inches on the old vest but need to do it another inch still on this new vest along with removing material inwards towards the chest around the arm openings. And then it's off to giving the vest a coat of SEM graphite for a more correct color.

Thigh armor is just wedged in place for now as I want to get knee armor first to get the distances right. Pic is so bad you can't even make out the bolo belt or colors. :facepalm I did get around to attaching the bolo belt, cod, ammo pouches, and holsters as one assembly with chicago screws. Back armor is also AWOL from the pic as I have to change up the snaps I put on incorrect on the back armor. Other all that stuff, eveything needs weathered yet in the pics.

As far as parts still needed:
-Mow pack is on order
-Waiting for Cruzer gaunt run to begin
-Metal accesories for gauntlets, leaning towards the entire lot from Fenixprops at the moment.
-Need the largest pair of those Nordstrom gloves avaialble
-Would like the supposed upcoming BKBT knee and shin armor but don't know if I can wait that long

xmastest032.jpg

xmastest038.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back