Jango Progress

The flightsuit is of the SGB variety. I changed that baby blue color and dyed it with some RIT purple and denim color as suggested by a fellow Jango in my garrison, wannabeafett. I am pleased with how it turned out.

Altered the vest again this weekend. Took the shoulders in another inch but had to make whole new shoulder pieces when I did it. Also removed at least that amount for the arm openings, but it looks like I could have done it some more. It will stay that way until I get a nice leather one someday.

Also took some of the SEM graphite paint to the black vest following jango5204's lead here and that worked well. Weathered up the main body armor parts as well, minus the helmet, but might have went a little hard on the weathering.

xmastest048.jpg

Gotta have one pic posing
xmastest056-1.jpg

Looks nice. I would still suggets you move one or two notches on the rear holster straps to lower them a bit and let them move a little more forward.

Looks nice. I would still suggets you move one or two notches on the rear holster straps to lower them a bit and let them move a little more forward.

I still havent forgotten that. Just did that tonight and may go ahead and fasten the thigh armor to them meanwhile. Still debating whether to lose the ten pounds I seemed to have gained as of late :lol: or remove the holster belt and fasten the rear holster straps to the girth belt like you did.

Actually, I'd wait on attaching the holsters to thighs till you have them in the right position, otherwise the thighs will go with the holsters when you adjust them and be out of place.

Slowed down on the build lately but almost there. Mainly waiting for gauntlets and hardware to arrive. Acquired some JD knees in a trade wih resin darts some time ago. Made some shins myself since I had a hard time finding ones I liked. Both those armor pieces I'll upgrade later on.

JPprogress013.jpg

Got my jet pack a few weeks ago and just about have it wrapped up. I didnt like that pvc plumbing nightmare holding the thrusters so I went another direction. Tapped some holes in the thrusters and threaded some 5/16 rod in them. I then I used about a 1" long piece of 1" PVC pipe for a spacer, and with a fender washer and wingnut, made them removable for storage in my tote. Did the same for the missle. Also added the light for the beacon from the one tutorial floating around here.

Colors look washed out in the pics, but in person the misting I did on top of the primary colors looks pretty good. Weathering doesnt show up that well in pic, so I may hit that up heavier, maybe not. Oh yeah, when I painted the black band around the large tube, it was the only painting I applied that didnt go directly over primer. The black paint reacted with the underlying paint and 'crinkled' up. It looks even all the way around, so I left it and named the pack 'krinkle.' :lol:

JPprogress008.jpg

JPprogress009.jpg

JPprogress011.jpg

Looking great, but isn't the color of your vest wrong? Maybe it's just my pictures that suck, but isn't it a dark grey, and not black?

jangopc1024x768hs8.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my pictures that suck :lol: but my vest is graphite grey in color, as someone mysteriously guessed correctly. It looks just like the vest in that picture you posted.

Primarily just waiting on gauntlets now, with a bunch of little things to touch up still like replacing some loose snaps, weather the flightsuit, lose 10 lbs:lol:, etc...

jangoprogress2009.jpg

jangoprogress2020.jpg

jangoprogress2024.jpg

And when a bounty hunter does not have his gauntlets.....he improvises.
jangoprogress2016.jpg

jangoprogress2017.jpg

Ignore the droopy jet pack for now, straps need adjusted still.

The gloves are the Nordstrom gloves in grotto blue. I believe they are the most accurate mass produced gloves to date for a Jango and come highly recommended here.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back