First RotJ Pack complete!

RotJ Pack for my first Fett. Let me know how you feel!

packlow2.jpg

(Thanks to Slave1Pilot for rattlecan tutorial, and Lucksy31 for the awesome decals!) :jet pack

Wow! Thanks for all the comments fellas! The paintjob took a couple of weeks, but only because the weather in the midwest has been extremely wet and the outdoors is where I paint. Probably only adds up to about a week of work. The pack is a Bobamaker by the way. (Fantastic sculpt!)

Lots of very encouraging comments and renewed interest! I have always thought that the above pic does the pack too much justice. The silver undercoat ended up as a dull gray after my weathering. I'm sure some of you would say that's how it's supposed to be, but I'm a bit partial to a more silver look as gray scratches to me just come off looking like gray paint.

Getting to the point, I've been going over my layered scratches with Chrome Testors Model Masters paint. So it's kind of a topical approach to existing layered scratches, and I really like the look. I've also learned a better approach to weathering from some sharp TDH'ers. So my upcoming new helmet and armor paint in the coming months will be a bit closer to the look I want. I've included a blurry pic of my progress so far. Once again, thanks for all the kind words and support. You'll be hearing from me and my paint in a couple months as I move from rattlecans to the airbrush!

(You know you've done right when someone comes in and upon seeing the pack on their table for the first time asks: "What's this machine?" literally thinking it was metal.) (y)

IMG_0038-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im currently working on mine with the same tutorial....

doing all the scratches by fingernail... :p tis messy but fun :D ill post a pic when im done :D

Oh and slave1pilot, you never did put the painting of the rocket and thrusters in your tutorial did you...?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back