A quick question????

loveless

Jr Hunter
Sorry guys, I know my rep on here is anything but good.

But this seems important to me regarding me selling things.

Can someone please tell me why they only have limited runs of the mh1 and other cool helmets that are around from time to time???

For the price they sell em for, they can make it a full time job and make bank!

So why only have limited runs? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you asok. Mandalorian Manor is now going under ground.
website will probably be removed tomorrow.

P.S. It's pretty sad that people out there, especially some on this website, will run home and rat somebody out about whats going on.

Also, why hasnt this website been shut down if it traffics in these type of goods???????

Last edited by a moderator:
Because we do this for a hobby, and for the love of the culture. We don't get shut down precisely because we're *not* trying to clear a profit or make a living off our crafts. We do what we doto help eachother out, and to benefit our hobby. :)

LFL typically looks the other way if you're talking about a fan making a few buckets for other fans. they just don't like when people go into business doing it.

the folks that sell things here aren't making a ton of cash out of it. really, when it comes down to it, a couple hundred bucks for a helmet isn't much at all...

it may sound like a lot at first, but when you figure it takes a few hours to make, and a good bit of materials. the folks that do it might make $20 an hour for their efforts if they are lucky.

i'm sure the folks at LFL are well aware of all of that, hence the lack of concern on their parts. it's probably not even worth their effort to issue a C&D to someone who does a limited run of a dozen helmets and then nothing else.

now mass producing stuff and promoting it publicly, that's another story entirely.

Very very good points. I am gonna have to still kinda go underground with sales, and I will only be able to do limited runs under various names from time to time, I have a full time job working on films.

Also, I originally said $400+ is WAY too much to pay for a helmet.
I wont say how, where, or anything else. But I got my hands on a MR helmet today. ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!

Sorry guys, I know my rep on here is anything but good.

But this seems important to me regarding me selling things.

Can someone please tell me why they only have limited runs of the mh1 and other cool helmets that are around from time to time???

For the price they sell em for, they can make it a full time job and make bank!

So why only have limited runs? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well another reason is logistics. It's easier to do a batch than to build to order. Certain materials have a short shelf life. Building to order means you have to, in a way, set yourself up to perpetually take orders and fulfill them, turning you into a small business.

Most if not all of us are either working professionals or full time students who do this as a hobby, and we have enough work and stress on our hands to add stress to a hobby (which is supposed to be stress-relieving in the first place).

Just stay plugged in and keep your ears open. Limited runs happen from time to time.

As someone who has done a few limited runs on (Vader) helmets, I can honestly say that there are two reasons I would never consider making it a "business".

1. I'd be ripping off the company that made the character's armour popular in the first place, and

2. it's far more work than I could imagine getting any enjoyment from.

Like they said above. This is a hobby. Sites like TDH are here to help people along in their quest to put together an awesome costume. They aren't here to help people go into business. If someone has a mold, and can offer the occasional casting to an acquaintence here, that's just cool. If someone wants to turn casting into a blatant rip-off of copyright laws, well...

My 2 cents

Here's another perspective, just from a pure ecomonics standpoint: supply and demand. Say I make a run of 500 boba helmets. Who is gonna want one?? Are there THAT many people starting a Boba costume everyday to even make you break even on the cost?

And as far as copyright goes, I've gone on the principle of Lucas is NICE enough to let us his stuff. He imagined/created/brought into being ALL of this. And he's really REALLY lenient if you think of it. You can use ANYTHING you want from Star Wars, images, sounds, et all. as long as you don't try to make money from it. He ENCOURAGES fanfilms. How many other movie/hollywood franchise let you do that? Anyone here a Trek fan? *grin*

Charlie

NOTICE: THE ABOVE IS CHARLIE's OPINION AND NO ONE ELSE'S. The viewpoints expressed represent Charlie, and the 4 other people living in Charlie's head. And Charlie's pet cat. Charlie and his personalities are not afflitiated with anything.

NOTICE: THE ABOVE IS CHARLIE's OPINION AND NO ONE ELSE'S. The viewpoints expressed represent Charlie, and the 4 other people living in Charlie's head. And Charlie's pet cat. Charlie and his personalities are not afflitiated with anything.

:lol:lol::lol:

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back