jdfett Jango project

Depends on the jet pack (there were several hero packs and stunt packs). On every Kamino pack, the part that borders the rub n buff part of the rocket and the white part is black or dark grey. In some photos however, there is a stripe at the very base of the rocket.

jangoback.jpg

jangohetpackside.jpg

thatnks fox for that pic...again:lol:

I musta missed that for some reason...ya, i'll hit that with the flat balck and a brush tomorrow...

looks like the thrusters are base white with a full black stripe at the bottom as well.

can't wait to get the decals so i can weather this puppy...

thanks skalen...i'm just trying to get this jango as close as possible so i can start working on sparta...LOL

question on the weathering...looks as if the whole pack has a slight black wash to it...i was thinking of using aryllics so i could water it down...anyone have experiance on that and should i put the satin sheen on it before the acryllic wash?

Yes the thrusters are white but NO it is not a solid stripe it is 4 (four) rectangles a little thicker and closer together than bobas but definately seperate. The also have a slight slope on the ends.

O yeah and for weathering I suggest putting on your final clear (dull) coat on before and acrylic wash. That way if you dont like it you can scrub the paint off and do it again.

You can also do some dark browns after the black wash and flick spots of browns on for dirt if you so wish.

Actually the brown works better for the arena but I like it on both...

man my eyes must be going with old age...i see the breaks in the black on the thrusters now...

im going to use the black wash as a general all over weathering...then detail it with dark browns and tans along with some spanish copper RnB layed on thicker in some spots...plus a few other colors i can see in the reference pics...

so here is the jet pack finished before i get into the weathering. I still need to paint the dark grey ring on the missile and hit the top with some kinf of "bronzish" color as well as add the stickers when they come in.

normal_paintjet pack5.jpg

also this arrived in the mail today!

normal_bkbthelmet.jpg

Thanks to BKBT for another fine product...as well as the little gift...:)

Can I pick on you one more time? The center of the + on the thruster should be white not black. The dimple should be white with either a black ring or no black ring on the lip.......

WOW my brain is fried I have painted too many Jango packs.....

Can I pick on you one more time? The center of the + on the thruster should be white not black. The dimple should be white with either a black ring or no black ring on the lip.......

WOW my brain is fried I have painted too many Jango packs.....

thats cool...thanks for the input...i based the dark gray from the pack i saw on the reference cd for the + center, I'll double check some other pics too but i think once its all weathered it will be hard to tell anyways.

I did have a question for anyone who may know...

in regards to the helmet, 1. should i rub and buff and then paint? 2. whats the best course of action for the black pinstriping, and what are the colors to use ( i know i saw that somewhere but i couldnt find it)

Rustoleum royal blue
krylon "shortcuts" ocean blue (its a tiny little can)

use 1/8 in pinstriping for the helmet you can get it from autoparts stores like autozone or CSK or oreillys.......(whatever is in your neck of the woods)

if 1/8 looks too big for your helmet get the 1/16 in

thanks...i actually have that ocean blue stuff left over from my clone...i knew i kept it for a reason..LOL

here is the helmet with the rnb done...I left some imperfections as they came in the helmet figuring it will add to the weathered look later...

normal_rnbhelmet3.jpg

normal_rnbhelmet2.jpg

normal_RnBhelmet.jpg

I may have to hit it one more time after i cut out the key hole slots and the t visor.

did the cutouts and the sanding...does anyone know if the paint will go over and residual r N b? i got 90% off and wasnt sure if i should go bananas on getting every last bit off.

normal_cutouthelmet.jpg

normal_cutouthelmet2.jpg

Wow that's pretty shiney... but not too shiney. Nice job! I don't believe paint and RnB mix very well since it's a sort of wax (correct me if I'm wrong please). Not sure what to tell you bro, I'm sure someone else can offer more light on this subject.

i was wondering if there was something that would clean it off..havnt tried anything but sand papaer and thats kind of a chore...was wondering if rubbing alcohol and a q-tip would work or something like it. Im sure someone has run into this cause you really wouldnt want to paint first...then again maybe if i was smarter i wouldve masked the helmet before doing it so it wouldnt get on anything else..HA

edit - tried the rubbing alcohol and q-tip method...works perfect...just be careful if you get in this position that you dont get it on the part you want to keep shiney...cause this apparently is the R&B finish remover...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back