jdfett Jango project

i finally finished my helmet with the pin stripe detail..this is now complete with the exception of some interior work that i hope to get done soon...

normal_helmetcomplete2.jpg

normal_helmetcomplete3.jpg

normal_helmetcomplete4.jpg

normal_helmetcomplete.jpg

The legs might have been just set out for pics, but the shins are swiched. The cutout edge just off center goes to the outside. Have you heard of using the holsters to hold the thigh armor? I got the idea from Cruzer and it works great. Use that top Chicago screw on the holster where the 2 straps meet. Put a hole in your thigh, and screw them togther. The leather leg strap holds eveything in place.

HAHA...to be sure i really wasnt 100% on the shins and kinda just laid them out..but thanks for that...im sure i wouldve figured it out eventually but its nice to have the sharp eye of the folks here to point out when things are amiss just in case...:lol:lol:

so i managed to get something done while waiting for my gauntlets...I washed my flightsuit in a oversized load of hot water and 1/2 cup of bleach...here are the b4 and afters shots and below those is a shot of a small area that just didnt cooperate. good news is it's under the thigh and it also is a good representation of the sucesss of lightening the suit a bit..you can also see the button hole slots i put on the suit for the armor straps. I plan to use the straps to hold the suit and armor tight to my leg. I will use some velcro also to keep the armor from moving around and make it stay in the correct orientation on the suit.

unfortunatley i used a flash with the first pic and not with the second so its hard to see it in the pictures, but if you look at my left tigh in the second pic you can see the change with the little spot.

Im also thinking of doing something about the collar, it's simply way to high.

normal_jangoFS.jpg
normal_flight_suit.jpg

normal_buttonholes.jpg

Hey JD,

I like how your flight suit looks, who was the maker;)

About the collar, I had made all the Jango Flight suit collars longer because some members ment, and me too, that the prototype (see photo) was to small.
When I had my vest on, you have not see the colar.
So I added about 2 inch. Maybe it was 1 inch too much.
But before you make the changes, try it on with the vest first.
The vest will put it down like 1 inch.

jfjs1.jpg

Im also thinking of doing something about the collar, it's simply way to high.

Hey JD,

I like how your flight suit looks, who was the maker;)

About the collar, I had made all the Jango Flight suit collars longer because some members ment, and me too, that the prototype (see photo) was to small.
When I had my vest on, you have not see the colar.
So I added about 2 inch. Maybe it was 1 inch too much.
But before you make the changes, try it on with the vest first.
The vest will put it down like 1 inch.

what is your suggestion to fix the collar? i know you have it sewn in a way that really makes it tough to alter on a machine without detaching the whole collar?

I may still airbrush the suit with a hint of a light purple just to give it some hilights and i may have to hem the legs a bit. then seemed a bit long. the only thing with that is one piece suits have a tendancy to hang low in the crotch so i think if i hike it hu to my crotch when wearing it and sinch it up with the holster and girth belt it may be okay as is. that what i did to get the placment for the buttonhole.

Tony,

I used my wonderful singer machine with button hole foot and setting. I used a piece of the elastic to get an idea for the length.

I may still airbrush the suit with a hint of a light purple just to give it some hilights and i may have to hem the legs a bit. then seemed a bit long.

The flight suit is 100% cotton so you can change the color in to what ever you want via a regular cotton/textile color.

Many members have their own feeling for the color.
Some want to have it more blue and the others want to have it more purple, that's why I chose the 100% cotton way.

If you want to have it a little more purple, just use a little, and I really mean a little (like 20 mg, of a purple cotton dye color).
You can also use a little bid of red color. To test it, I would start with only 10 mg of that color.

I prefer to do this in a washing machine at 45 c (104 Fahrenheit).
First you have to put inside the washing machine over the flight suit a pakage of cotton/textil fixer (normaly this is includet in the dye color box when you buy it)
You have to let the washing machine start the regular delicate washing process for about 5 min. and than you add the part of your color plus round about 1 Liter of water in to the drawer where you normally put in the washing powder.

Attention do not wash the flight suit to hot (not more than 104 Fahrenheit, otherwise it will shrink.

the only thing with that is one piece suits have a tendancy to hang low in the crotch so i think if i hike it hu to my crotch when wearing it and sinch it up with the holster and girth belt it may be okay as is. that what i did to get the placment for the buttonhole.

If you feel your flight suit should hike a little up, you could use some velcro and attache these in the area where your belt normaly hide it (see attached photo).
jd-tip.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so i know it's been awhile since i posted any progress shots so here is a teaser on the progress...

normal_90percentdone.jpg

all ive got left is the gauntlets, darken the gloves..the dye i grabbed just wasnt dark enough, hook up the jet pack and back plate, and throw some foam in the helmet...

*dont mind the mug rootbeer bottle and all the beer returns..lol

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back