jdfett Jango project

question...has anyone gone as far as weathering the flight suit? if so what if anything was the best technique and quantity of weathering...It's real hard to tell in pictures how much if anything is weathered

It all got washed off in the rain on Kamino! :lol:

I know Donny will chime in...but I didn't think there was any weathering on the flight suit

I weathered my suit but didn't do good job. Now that I have an airbrush I would probably do some brown misting on the contact areas and edges. I should be getting a new suit in the near future.

I was sitting around with a major lower back issue today from all the shovelling wondering what to do with myself during my normal workout time, as i seriously need to rest and there is not a chance in hell i was getting into yoga today, seeing as i can barely stand up straight!

I decided that seeing as reinone is having trouble getting the boot run situated, I would try and make a pair of temporary boots that would pass for now. I happened to have an old pair of bates enforcers duty boots laying around and thought they kinda had the jango look. so heres what i came up with...

normal_tempboots2.jpg

I actually dremelled out the arch in the sole to kind of make it look a bit more like the real boots...it's okay but like i said...temporary...

normal_tempboots.jpg

I also rub and buffed a couple areas of the boot that kinda matched the side details of Jangos boots...I may actually cut out some small fiberglass pieces and glue them to the boot if i have to wear these for a long period of time until the uber accurate boots come around..

normal_tempboots3.jpg

I made the strap out of left over zam leather and installed snaps into the boot heel and the strap, velcro on the toe area.

as for the weathering of the flight suit, maybe you would want to look into using that fullers earth "dirt" stuff. We use it on our sandtroopers to weather, but i think it would look prettu sweet if it was lightly dusted on the suit and sealed with aqua net hairspray. it will definitely give it that "roughed-up" look. and if you hate it just wash it. it's a lot better of a solution that using permanent paint. Great looking Jango though, can't wait to see it done. What kind of jetback is that JD?

here is the fullers earth on some models/armor.

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
actually its an older MOW jet pack handme down. i think if i do anything with the suit it will be very subtle and only around the armor and seams..probably go with airbrushed fabric paints watered down or something...just black

man..how did i get so far down the list...no update as of yet...still finishing up my armor pieces and thinking of how i want to attach the pieces to my suit

Very nice job JD, it's coming together fast too.

The satin coat looks great, is this common for a Jango Helmet?

Love your metal ears, where are they from?

Cheers! :cheers

got the metla ears from spideyfett here on tdh...he had a thread for them earlier...thanks for the comps guys...

finally finished up my leg armor...all ive got left is my cod, dirtying up my back plate, assembling and finishing my gauntlets(when i get them), making my girth belt(waiting on material) and assembling the pieces (strap systems for the leg armor, back pack harness and a few other minor things)

here is the legs armor

normal_legarmordone2.jpg

normal_legarmordone3.jpg

normal_legarmordone4.jpg

normal_legarmordone.jpg

great looking leg armor JD, how do you weather with the rub and buff? apply and spread and wipe off? or do you "cake" it on in some areas and let it dry then try and wipe it off?

basically i layer it on. i use pewter, black and spanish copper in that order. I use a small brush and go around the edge with the pewter creating a worn dull apparence to the silver leaf. I then randomly brush on the black with the brush and rub it to create a smoky look around the edge. the spanish copper goes on somewhat thick to give it a more 3d texture and i gently rub that to blend it but leave some thick.

I started the technique on my wife's zam and really liked the colors and the way it turned out on her armor so i just stayed with it for this project.

adm...i plan to use the strap method as well...I was thinking of using the button hole attachment to my sewing machine to make the holes to enforce the section so it wouldnt rip on the suit. I was going with 3/4" and 1" stretch elastic. cut the piece long enough so i could fiberglass the piece to the back of the armor. then take the two tails and put them through the suit and sew on some backpack clips on the ends. then the armor would just stay on the suit all the time and you would have to pull the suit up in stages as you clip the armor from shin to knee to thigh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply awesome Jdfett. :cheers you're Jango is coming together real well. Do you happen to know the maker of your jet pack, I think I have the same one that I think is an Early FettPride, but not sure...:confused

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back