Attaching the chest lights

drokkul

Well-Known Hunter
I came up with this to attach my chest lights and I thought that it could be a useful idea for others as well.

I am using TK409 lights and the leads that stick through the board seems like they could get hung on or snag the vest. Plus I wanted to make it in a way that I could take them out and still make it neat.

I used styrene tubing, styrene strips and GOOP to make the surrounding base and a piece of Sintra for the backer. Two holes were drilled into the backer to allow for clearance of the one electronic component and the wires to come through.

DSC02263.jpg

DSC02264.jpg

Screws were then screwed into the tubes (they technically tapped the styrene tubes when just screwed in by hand).

DSC02271.jpg

I will paint the styrene US Med Green or Black to make it blend in better.

PS. Pay no attention to the large bolt GOOP'd to the back of the armor plate. This is what I did to give me something to hold onto while painting the front of the plate.

cool system there! mine is so low tech... i cut a hole in the vest and have the board hot glued / duct taped through the hole onto the armor (that way the extra thickness of the board didn't push the armor out off of the vest)

cool system there! mine is so low tech... i cut a hole in the vest and have the board hot glued / duct taped through the hole onto the armor (that way the extra thickness of the board didn't push the armor out off of the vest)
I did the exact same thing.

Me too! :lol:

I know this has nothing to do with anything on here but has anyone had there tk-409 chest lights stop going through the sequence but continue to stay lit. I was just curious ,thanks

I vacu-formed a case for the TK-409 lights.
they have a black shell for the back & a clear shell for the front
I added a piece of camera film to darken it

armour 007.JPG

armour 015.JPG

armour 016.JPG

armour 018.JPG

armour 009.JPG

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back