The Scheding Jango

Toragh

Active Hunter
OK, here we go with another mad-dash Jango set up. Using a play on my name, trashcan armor, my own jumpsuit almost finished, and a few details on their way, I think I'm off to a good start. Using some pics form Cruzer's grith belt set up, I'm gonna try to make my own. I have the holster and pouch belt coming soon, and I'm trying to get a set of gauntlets, cod, back plate, and knees. For the helmet, I'm going for a Rubies.

I'm sewing the soft parts, minus the glooves, as practice tihs is the second only thing I've done with my newto me/old to the world sewing machine that can sew through 12 layers of a denim8). Starting with the jumpsuit (pics tomorrow), which isn't really I jumpsuit, I've finished the pants and now just need to finish up the collar, zipper, and bottom hem of the shirt. I decided to make it a two piece because I think I'll get better chance at fixing any leaks :lol:. I used a modified pajama pants pattern and a modified fleece sweater/jacket pattern. Having a mom for a seamstress really comes in handy. I'm gonna start on the vest tomorrow.

I've gotten the armor pieces cut out, shapped, and ready for sanding and painting. I felt that I wasn't really good enough to make the cod and back plate and actually make them look good, so that's why I'm ordering those pieces.
I used the good ol' electric turkey pot to heat them, and Jedimite's-Mom idea to use duct tape. Works like a charm (y)

And here it is, The Scheding Armor!

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'm having fun. Of course I think I sacrificed the feeling in my thumb for a week from cutting with siccors. :facepalm

And the percentage is based on what I have, whether it's here or not since it's paid for. Just random anyways...:lol:

Pretty good job cutting out the armour! The forming isn't quite "Jango Accurate" though. The abdomen is rather flat with some nice bends in it. The left and right breast somewhat do the same. The shin guards are also rather too rounded.

Keep up the good work!!

I thought that too, but it was getting late and I had a job intro to go to in the morning. I'll probably be fixing that this coming sunday which is my day off.

I'm almost finished with the shirt. The zipper I got turned out to be 3 inches to short, so I have to go back to get the correct one. After the new on is sewed on, it's off to the vest, which I'll do at night after my shift ends these next 3 days. I'll post pics tomorrow night for the shirt. It got started to late tonight to finish what I did because I had homework to do for my new job at RadioShack. I'm going through their training manual to be a sales associate, and should be on the sales floor tomorrow. Wish me luck! ;)

Didn't get anything finished tonight sadly. HAs to much fun making money on my second day at RadioShack, YAHOO! But I did take pics of what I have, including the dark blue vynil I'm gonna use for the vest.

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060-1.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

Here's my work space. Very small, but doable. I'm using an old White sewing machine, model #666 :lol: Only $25 off craig's list and it just needed oiling, a new boot cover on the switch, and a new light bulb. The pin coushin I made myslef. Supposed to be a sushi roll :p
DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

Isn't all that hard as I thought it would be. For years, I watched my mom and noticed the magic of clothe appearing... Then I starting sewing last month :lol: Just need to know where to place each piece like a puzzle and go slowly on the the machine. The one I have can sew through various layers of denim, so it's perfect for costuming.

thanks guys, I should have more stuff done tonight. I'm gonna make it a priority. Need to get done before halloween:cheers

Ok, the zipper is all in, and the vest is finished! It's a dark blue vynil. The shoulder bell flaps we had to make the pattern for. It's a bit short on the shoulder bells, but I can' fix that by trimming the bells. The collar on the jumpsuit/shirt is a bit loose, but I think I can fix that. The jumpsuit and vest aren't perfect, but I don't think the imperfections are noticeable unless your looking for them. You'll also see the awesome pouch belt I got from Robeewankenobe.

The shoes are just some dress shoes that looked pretty close when the boot plates are on. But I'm not going to put silver on them and just strap the boot plates on. I would like to use them afterwards :)

So here's my slouching self with a stupid grin :lol:
DSC_0058-1.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

And here's something from my mom's recent past. She used to make clouths for small dogs, and even made a wedding dress and groom's tux. They now sit next to the televeision where we watch "Desperate Housewives":
DSC_0056-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, i'm having fun with it. It's nice having a mother for a seamstress. Latte=Cheap labor :lol:

I'm off work today so I'm doing armor painting/reworking. I reshaped the ab and shins, but I thin kthat shins and thighs are to big. so I'll just trim down one size and that should be good. I also have a Rubies coming in the next few days. I got a visor off eBay and need a craft ring. UPDATES TONIGHT!

Everything is pretty much sanded. I trimmed the shins and thighs, and tested out the Rub-n-Buff. No one's kidding when you only need the smallest bit! Just used a fraction of nothing on a test peice and that stuff spread over the whole thing. (y)

A couple questions on the R-N-B. How long do you wait before buffing it? Do you need to prime it before R-N-B? Is there any sanding involved before/after R-N-B? And is there anything else I sould know? thanks in advance!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back