Just got my Bucket...

Majewski79

Jr Hunter
*UPDATE* Just got my Bucket...

My Boba Fett helmet just came in the mail! Can't wait to get started on it(y)

It doesn't say whether it's a Don Post or Rubies but, it says 1997 Lucasfilm. A '97 would make it a Rubies right? . In any case, I purchased this on ebay for $30 and I'm going to use it as a starter helmet until I got the funds to get a BobaMaker.

Has anyone else had or worked on a 97 helmet?

When I get home I'll take some pics of it...then pics of my progress

*UPDATE*

So, here are some pics...Although everyone here may know already what it looks like...I just wanted some "before" pics...Plus I just wanted to show the shape it's in...its warped in a few places
DSCF1363.jpg

DSCF1364.jpg

DSCF1365.jpg

DSCF1367.jpg

DSCF1368.jpg

DSCF1370.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE Practice Pictures

Well...I've decided that I would use this DP 97 helmet to practice different weathering techniques and painting schemes instead of just winging it. Then hopefully, by the time I get a BobaMaker, I'll give it special treatment by using my full artistic abilities:)

As you can see I was experimenting doing the killstripes and they obviously came out crooked...lol..and the ears I haven't yet tried to do...
So again this isn't following either ESB or ROTJ accuracy, it's just the best way to go: Practice:cheers

DSCF1381.jpg

DSCF1382.jpg

DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1384.jpg

DSCF1390.jpg

If you are masking the kill stripes they will always be crooked if you lay a straight line. Try masking them with an upward flare on each end. It should give the illusion of them being straight. You can't really draw a straight line on a curved surface.
But everything else looks really cool!
How did you get the precision with the scrapes?

I tried a few different methods...A couple I got from the wealth of information here...One of them was a toothpick which worked good for small things...I tried the layering but, I couldn't get it right for some reason...

Now, for the bigger scrapes and you possibly may laugh...Duct Tape. Put a little piece down, and YANK it off! While not the best method to use if going for accuracy but, it works. Also, the deep scratches and stuff, I used a razor blade and twisted and dug into the plastic tearing out small pieces one at a time. Another method that definitely isn't wise if using a better bucket. I'm going to sand blast the paint off...and start again:)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back