Iron Man Armor (Sintra) !WIP!

did you use the foam on the croach area also? I see you used some of my ideas...
The voice box, hidden speakers + mp3. Damn I have to say you did a great job on your suit!!!!!

did you use the foam on the croach area also? I see you used some of my ideas...
The voice box, hidden speakers + mp3. Damn I have to say you did a great job on your suit!!!!!

yeah i used the foam in the croach area too. O yeah for the water proofinh i used primer, then krylon paint sealer.

I've been following this thread now for a little while and I must say I'm really impressed by the creativity and skill you all have. MASTERLE247 I was curious if you have any shots of your helmet in the works...and also of the lifting face conversion. I'm also using the child mask from walmart to make a full scale helmet and would love to see your process. thanks much

Sorry ALL! I feel like an *** for not posting in here so long, when starting this project I saw things people started working on for Iron Man armors (well before the movie) and then just disappeared mid-work without any updates.

Main reason I haven't posted here is because I don't really have anything new to post about. A number of things have kept me from doing work on the suit, mainly Real Life issues, other projects and hobbies, a little bit of being bummed trying to work out flexing/bending/rotating joints for things like elbows, knees, thighs, etc. Some things were definately easier then I had expected, the chest piece came out much quicker and easier then I had expected. Other things, like the aforementioned joints, and mask, and a glove easily "useable" that still looks good and professional have been much harder than expected. The one glove I did make works pretty well, and is pretty "useable", but it's hard to hold a beer mug snugly with the glove (figured this out on halloween :D ).

Anyways, I'd love to get back into working on this and maybe even see it to completion (still got tons of Sintra sittin around my room, all the bits n pieces are startin to get in the way!), and if i do start work again, you all will be the first to know about it! Thanks for all the support and the views, I was worried when first starting here, that I would get a buncha "you aren't making something Star Wars, you suck! Go away!" hehe.

Here's to hoping I get the will and the interest to start this project up again and finish it, in one form or another.

Wow I haven't been on this site in ages and now I see a few people working on this suit. Crazy progress you all have made on this. Inspiring to say the least. I just started working on my War Machine progress, what little there is, use pepakura method.

the_batman - I like the idea you have with the arms and adding a joint piece there. Nice touch!

Masterle247 - Got any more progress? I'm on your myspace friends list so I can keep up if you blog there. Great work as always.

Elepski - I'm liking the idea with the IKEA lights. Not to begrudge anyone one who wants to DIY their own, but sometimes grabbing a premade object like this works just as well.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hi everyone I'm new here...I did a mark 3 for halloween and this is what I have 90% complete
052-52.gif

Made out of foam, cardboard, pringle cans, sculptamold, and a lot of hot glue..

:D
mumbaki

Hi everyone I'm new here...I did a mark 3 for halloween and this is what I have 90% complete
052-52.gif

Made out of foam, cardboard, pringle cans, sculptamold, and a lot of hot glue..

:D
mumbaki
hey mumbaki how do you post pics? i have one in my album but i have no idea how to. and im also new here

Hey cid just click the insert pics icon on your screen.......pringle cans are the arm and the wrist part of the armor...will post more pics of my building process, cery soon

thanks
cris

oh good god these are amazing! great job guys, i just started working on one myself, using sintra
this is my first ever use of sintra, and im debating if i should boil it or use my oven, any suggestions?

Well I'm still here and kickin, although I haven't really done any new work on my Iron Man suit I did however make a new piece of armor which I wore for our annual Halloween party this year. Fret not for the Iron Man armor, as I have picked up some pieces to use with the costume as of recent which should help me better finish the suit.

Anyways, I figured I would put up my more recent project. Long story short, it was getting to be near the date for Halloween, and I had yet gotten a costume for it. Eventually I decided I had no interest in buying a costume, so I figured I would throw together a medieval gothic sort of chest plate using most of whats left of my 2nd Sintra board I had for my Iron Man armor.

So, I basically threw this thing together in a weeks time, 7 days to be exact, and somewhere between 2-5 hours per day work putting it all together. The worst part was the painting, as it was cold outside (spray painting in cold weather doesn't work so well in case you didn't know, paint tends to run and get blotchy) and very high winds. Several pieces I spray painted, then left to try, got picked up by the wind and blown onto the driveway or into the grass, causing chunks of dirt, grass, and debrit to get stick within the wet paint, and chunks of paint to get scraped off on the concrete. On top of that, the wind picked up tons of small pieces of dead grass and other foilage in the yard and blow it all over my wet painted pieces. Needless to say I did alot of sanding and repainting. :facepalm

Anyways, here's the pics!:

For the first two pics we have some two-piece shoulder blades, the smaller being an unused attempt at a elbow piece for my Iron Man armor.
ShoulderBladePieces1.jpg

ShoulderBladePieces2.jpg

Next we have another unused throwback form the Iron Man Armor project, a sort of Shoulder Harness or Shoulder Rest to mount the chest and back pieces to, and shoulder blades:
ShoulderRest1.jpg
ShoulderRest2.jpg

Now, either the front or back plates riveted together from 5 seperate pices of Sintra to give a sort of "plated" look to the armor:
FrontPlateUnifinished.jpg

The Front and Back plates now attached to the Shoulder Harness (sorry for blurry pics!):
FrontandBackPlateonShoulderRest1.jpg
FrontandBackPlateonShoulderRest2.jpg

And last but not least, the near finalized armor piece which I wore at our Halloween party:
AlmostFinalizedArmor.jpg

Still to be done is some cleaning up and touching up of the paint job, painting over the silver rivets to match the armor color, and a chest emblem of some sorts. I originally had some crazy skull looking piece I was going to attach to the chest piece and paint gold, but ran out of time to put it on before Halloween and also didn't fully like it (it came out too big). I also had a large celtic cross that I thought of cutting out in Sintra and painting gold and putting on the chest piece, but again ran out of time.

Any ideas or suggestions for what I could toss on the front chest piece (and possibly something for the back) are welcome! More than likely I plan for it to be a symbol painted in gold (always liked the black and gold motif) but any other color options are welcome too.

Hey guys,
New to the site. Been working on a version of the Mark I armor for the past 3 months. It's slow but getting there. I was wondering if anyone knew of any files (pepekura of pdf) of a version of the Mark I armor. It doesn't have to be the movie version (mine isn't) but I'm having trouble doing the gauntlets and thought this may be an easy way to get the hands done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Peace,
Bradjac

wow its been along time heheh, anyways im working on War machine concept for IM2 at the moment. here some pictures. still need to finish up on the base then i can add the major detail inwhich it will end up looking alot better from now :D..

Heres the concept i want to build.

l_2601c44d8a584f11a9227fa6aa242ff7.png

l_d9a70ea46b8b40a28573a34cc5dbcb9d.png

l_584537e91d274c679a7f6c046defca60.png

Concept helmet im working on, the minigun/valcan actually works "spins and will fire medium sized bottle rockets hehee :angry) "
l_49026f7dab664289a8745636f15c400a.png

l_f2211b48f0d7469eab75fd173704359d.png

Movie accurate Arc reactor
l_f56a885bf18c4d39b81b193115ebcaa3.png

flight stablizer move as well
l_b1b033171d04465b9ae68a7f49ef2760.png

boots still need to be detailed and painted.
l_7d9299ab82154ad9b409e55db40e4987.png

upper portion of the legs will not look the same after i detail it :D.

id say im about 80% finished with the base/foundation of the costume. The costume is made out of High Impact urethane plastic. not fiber glass or poster board :D. if you want to see more pictures click on the pics or goto my myspace.

things still need to be com[pleted

-neck piece
-abdominal area
-replusor gauntlets
-motorized open and close helmet
-redo the concept helmet
-wire up a bottle rocket hehehe :D
myspace.com/anthonyqle

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back