Iron Man Armor (Sintra) !WIP!

nothing really at the moment, work, sleep, laziness, and other projects have kinda gotten int he way of me making progress on the armor. Setbacks of making pieces that don't come out as expected or are too small or too tight have really put me off. Spending a couple of hours working on a piece only to find it's only use is as scrap material now gets really old.

I'm having difficulty creating upper leg parts that fit nicely, aren't too tight, will rotate to allow you to sit, and are also easy to put on and take off hasn't gone so well. I am thinking about maybe making the upper legs only front and side pieces, but leaving the backside open with tie strings or something. Biggest problem so far is finding a way to make the upper legs attachable to ones leg, without too much effort or without the need for a friend to help you put pieces on.

Anyways, I hope to have something together by the end of the week.

This is from over at our local garrisons forums, but he doesnt mind me posting them.

CIMG1662.JPG

CIMG1660.JPG

Just wanted to share them as an inspiration.

It looks friggin SWEET in real life :cheers

lol thanks for the comment. The original poster used sintra i used only poster board. but his armor is cool too, i just need to finish on the shoes and then the butt and croach area. then im 100% done hehehe :cheers :lol:

Masterle247, that suit is amazing! is the helmet made of posterboard too? if so, did you get plans for it somewhere or just figure it out yourself?

the helmet 80% of it is poster board, i originally bought it at walmart as the half small size kid mask. What i did was i chopped it up and extended where it needed it. Then i bondo the front face to the new length. Sanded until its smooth then primered it then painted :D. so the helmet was alot of work, and especailly making it full helmet from half helmet. but thanks for all your comments :lol:thumbsup:

Awesome! Hey Masterle, any chance you could set us up with some profile/back shots of the helmet? Also, maybe some close, detal shots of the chest/shoulders? I'm totally blown away by what you've done with posterboard!

-JJ

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back