Iron Man Armor (Sintra) !WIP!

More Costume modification updates :D
-New full abdominal area coverage

l_a5ebecf2aee420255163163dd3ac7c7e.png

Adominal full coverage area complete, with some armor on to show better coverage

l_98b685a292f52c97560e4b64ba1408d6.png

Rear View of better coverage

l_9fbedaafbfc20a85abf53ff1d45882e9.png

Full Adominal Area finished

Awesome! Masterle, how's the mobility with the abdominal armor? Can you talk at all about how its broken down? Is it one piece or many? Your work is inspirational to me!

-JJ

Awesome! Masterle, how's the mobility with the abdominal armor? Can you talk at all about how its broken down? Is it one piece or many? Your work is inspirational to me!

-JJ
it is one piece, and the mobility is still very easy to move. Im redoing the shoes since im very picky, and doing another set of gloves with full coverage :D

Does anybody know where i can get stencils for the Iron Man Costume? I've made attempts to PM so people but they've yet to PM back. It's my first armor and i want to make it awesome!!

oh yeah, go see Hulk!

Shellhead

Does anybody know where i can get stencils for the Iron Man Costume? I've made attempts to PM so people but they've yet to PM back. It's my first armor and i want to make it awesome!!

oh yeah, go see Hulk!

Shellhead

I don't think anyone has a template for an Iron Man costume. I read in one post, I think on the rpf, that someone was trying to get the 3D model used in the pc game, but I never followed up on their progress. I'm working on a small War Machine for my son for Halloween, and it's all from the ground up. And very slow. Good luck finding what you need.:cheers

nice work Anthony! Just wanted to let you know I'm work on a CG/2d animated Iron Man+war machine short movie. Here is my latest work on my suit. I'm working on the arms. I have a question. What paint did you use to waterproof your suit???/

0a3850a930eb.jpg

847438ec1716.jpg

8192278ba6bb.jpg

f51ca7b0eec4.jpg

Hey everyone... I was checking out the site and ran across this thread... I must say.. great work guys!!!

I have a little info that might help you all out on the repulsers and the chest piece.

I made this up just for shoots and giggles from some spare lights...

Its ultra thin and mega bright

The lights are LED fixture Lights from Ikea..

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20119932

70153_PE185535_S3.jpg

they are 12 volt.. so i just shortened the wire.. and made a simple power pack with a 12 volt mini battery from a car alarm clicker, a radio shack switch and some electrical tape. Then I sewed it to a glove ( the bezel separates off of the light )and I run the wire over my hand and between my fingers and strap it all on with the switch/power pack at the base of my hand on the back. It allows me to turn the light on and off with only a flick of the wrist.

photo(2).jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

sweet!!!! My original replusors were like yours, but I felt they were to big and I couldn't close my hand. so I took a tap-lite apart with 3 lights and put it into a plastic bottle and ran the wires in much the csame way as yours. I love your ideal about the flick of the wrist to activate the light...vewry cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes they are a bit large in the palm as far as the diameter is concerned.. but they are nowhere near as thick as a tap light. I like them because they are the right size or so... I want to incorporate them into the glove more.. like sewn in so that it is more flush with the surface.

the best one I have ever seen will debut at Dragon*Con this year... its vacformed, and looks dead on to the movie suit. the freaking arm even opens and the rocket launcher comes up. absolutely nuts.

he's only posting progress in one place, so I dont wanna cross post it with out his permission, but if you are a member of the colonial fleet, its on their boards. ;) but I cant wait to see that bad boy in person!

here are some update pictures :D
sorry for the bad camera quality

l_b6431615125414509c2fcd670675860e.png

l_d47f03b4ba92fae21bb17f921e1c1387.png

l_cf47b5e9566c8d47d6f3718db50e239c.png

l_46b59206217fda04105a6203b35740c9.png

l_1ceef115d01dac0a1f03740e0209d354.png

Front Comparison of before and after :D
V1.0 specs
-----------------------
-Unfinished round shape helmet
-No shoe covers
-No neck cover
-No added cover for leg armor
-No lighted eyes
-No robotic voice
-No flip up helmet
-Repulsor Gaunlets v1.0
-Abdominal area v1.0

V2.0 Specs
--------------------------------
-Neck piece v3.0
-Flip Helmet with lighted eyes v4.0
-Hidden mic in helmet "When spoken in to sounds like a robot v3.0
-Chest light v2.0 "currently being upgraded to exact movie specs :D
-Repulsor Gaunlets v2.0
-2 Hidden Speakers hooked up to an mp3 player "IronMan theme song" v2.0
-Boots v2.0
-Shoes v2.0
-Croach piece v2.0
-Abdominal area v3.0
-Added Fuselage v2.0
-Added Side Vents v1.0

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back