TDH at ComicCon 2008-***Volunteers needed!!

Bubba Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Good news - The Dented Helmet will be at ComicCon 2008! (y)

Here are a couple of things that we will be doing...

TDH will be sponsoring a $100 award for the Masquerade contest that is held on Saturday night. We will be adding a small extra something to the award winner, but have not decided what that will be just yet. There are about 7,000 to 8,000 people who attend the masquerade competition and it is limited to approximately 50 entries. My son was in it last year and won an award for his Boba Fett - it is a fun event to do.

By sponsoring the award TDH will be in the SDCC book and on their website. We have not finalized what the exact category will be, but are thinking of "Best Armored Character" or something along those lines.

We are also working to get a table at the show. It's looking good so far, and we'll let you know more when it is finalized.

We'll have more news about TDH events at SDCC as we get closer to the show.

Glad to see this is being planned far in advance. I currently plan on being there. But again, I don't think it will be for all 4 days. But I do plan on helping out.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I won't be there.
Giving this thing a rest after 8yrs. It's just becoming a monster and becoming less fun.

I'm at SDCC every year and I will fully support everything TDH has to do there (unless it's just wacko). Be sure to get in contact with me for any help you guys need!!

I will help if needed, just like last year.

Feel free to ask, this will be my 4th time going.

Going to be a blast. Need to get my hotel MUCH earlier this year. Like now!!!

Couple of hints: Try to get close and get a hotel early. Last year there were 125,000 people there. Parking was not good needless to say. Plan your events too. If you plan on seeing any "premier events" better dedicate most of your day to it. Some lines were like 4 or 5 hours long.

I live in San Diego and have already purchased my four day badge for 2008. I am about a mile and a half from the Convention center. if you need any help at all, please feel free to contact me anytime.

I've never been to a convention before but I would be willing to help if I go.
There's a pretty good chance i'll be there.
If you would PM me with more info that would be great.
Thanks

*Edit*
Oh man i totally misread the post. I thought this was the New York Comic Con.
Heh, yeah i dont think i can make it. Sorry
Btw are any TDH members goin to the NY comic con? I'll be at that one.

When do the con hotels open up?
I think you can book a hotel up to 4 months in advance before the Con. if you need help in booking a hotel room let me know your price range ( $49 a night to $249) I can find some good deals for you near the time of the SDCC. even though I live close by, I also want to get a room for people to change in and walk to the Con ( maybe a little after party:cheers) because I can't drive or get into a vehicle with all my gear on:facepalm. looking forward to an awesome four days............

i will be there i hope for all 4 days soo i will need a hotell lol and if there any way i can help the tdh i will ;)

U know what, that is really awesome. u know why? That is where i was planning on unvailing my finished Fett Costume. I can't wait, and now i'll get to show it off to the TDH group who'll be there!!! :)

We may be able to get some members of the Sun Raider clan of Mandalorian Mercs to come help out for a day. I'll see what we can do =)

Can't believe I didn't post earlier. I'll be there for all 4 days. Bubba, PM me, maybe our families can get a room together or something. Our kids would have a great time hanging out. (y)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back