Republic Commando

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
Well a few weeks ago I ran into a Republic Commando helmet and decided I'd give it some love. The helmet is being sanded and will get some bondo work. It has a few bubbles and such, I can't wait until I get it all done though!! I plan to make it in Sev's paint scheme.

CIMG0005.jpg

CIMG0006.jpg

CIMG0007.jpg

CIMG0008.jpg

CIMG0009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is very accurate. I've seen a few on ebay, one wasn't very accurate (needed far more detail, but shape was ok) and it had a price tag of $300, but really not worth that - I would pay $100 max for that one.

I'm sure this one could go for $400.

Nice work Andy! I think the RC's are some of the coolest warriors out there. Loved the game too! (y)

Keep the progress pics coming.

First update after quite a long time. I finally got time to work on the helmet. How do you guys think it is looking so far? A TON of bondo work went into it since the first pictures were taken.

CIMG0148.jpg

CIMG0149.jpg

CIMG0150.jpg

CIMG0151.jpg

CIMG0152.jpg

CIMG0153.jpg

CIMG0154.jpg

CIMG0155.jpg

Nice... It's amazing that just after a little bondo and a layer or two of primer it looks allot more crisp around the edges? ;)
Gonna be a great lid... (y)

Ah! another Sev fan!
I used to have one of these,got it from the maker. I used work with the guy that sculpted it,in Orlando Fl at a scenic/prop shop. Nice guy,great artist. To your left is my RC bucket by a different maker and modified and painted by me to be more accurate. The armor is still in the building/painting stages.
Heres a bigger pic of the helmet with shoulder armor.
sevshoulderhelmetkj6.jpg

Let me know if need any tips or help:)

GCNgamer your bucket looks like a bigwater. I like the proportions overall but it is a big melon lid. I need to tweak the guts a bit if I ever want to don it for a forray out into public. Bobble....bobble Your helmet is looking great man.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back