Finally redid by color scheme(pic intense)

TantiveIV

Active Hunter
Used to be yellow and black

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=20420
(old colors)

and ive gone with the red/white/black scheme

will post full suit pictures in the near future...for now, here are the gauntlets and helmet

b112449997.jpg

b112449995.jpg

b112449998.jpg

b112449999.jpg

and gauntlets not 100% complete...but heres what they are as of now

b112450015.jpg

b112450021.jpg

b112450006.jpg

b112450008.jpg

b112450010.jpg

i used calculator buttons for the left gauntlet :lol:, till i find better ones, haha

enjoy! and thanks for looking!

Tantive, did you ever get your new helmet? I like the colors of the helmet, but those scratches are pretty visible. And straighten those darts out son! =)

phil

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha its hard to straighten the darts, and yeah, thats the BM helmet, the scratches are to show that it used to be someone elses armor repainted...as in... my old yellow armor :)

also why the gauntlets look so messy...they see the most action, IMO, haha

What made you want to repaint it?

Also, what's with the texture of your paint? Was it painted by hand with brush or something? The paint seems quite uneven and odd looking. The red on the helmet in particular.

nah, i just sanded off parts of the paint i did before, on the link...to make it look older, i didnt want it to look perfectly clean, the red is a shiny color and everything else is flat

and as far as wanting to repaint it...black and yellow seemed to common...so i started messing around with new colors...and this is what i came up with

Hmm.. I'm thinking maybe you should hit the red with some dullcoat, it doesn't seem to be matching too well with the high gloss and then flat black/white.

eh, thats your opinion, which is usually the exact opposite of what i think, so thanks for your criticism...but ill stick to my plans

eh, thats your opinion, which is usually the exact opposite of what i think, so thanks for your criticism...but ill stick to my plans
You've been extremely hostile to me lately, and I think it needs to stop soon.

Well you can do whatever you want with your costume, I'm not telling you not to. I'm just giving you advice on how to make your paint jobs look better. Honestly, your paint jobs aren't the best and you have to take constructive criticism in order to get better. If you like the paint job like it is now, then keep it, its not my costume.

thanks for the bump, if you want to settle disputes, send me a PM...if you want to call me out on the forums, ill ignore it.

Honestly, your paint jobs aren't the best and you have to take constructive criticism in order to get better. If you like the paint job like it is now, then keep it, its not my costume.

i would never, in a million years, talk to somebody on the forums like this...no matter how much i disagreed with how they made their costume...THAT is the reason i dont respect your opinions...anyone else's is fair game, and will gladly be taken into consideration...im sorry, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tantive,

Although I do like the Color Scheme itself (Red/Black/White is awesome), I also need to comment on the Red. It seems as if you've used a completely different paint on the red, and it looks a bit, gloopy.

Maybe take some Pictures Outside to show it in Natural Lighting? Or hit it with a Clear-Coat to even it out, I did it on mine and they look great! Also maybe hitting up your Calculator buttons with some Silver paint to remove the print on them.

Just some Suggestions ^_^
-Ayk

You could go either way, use a Clear-Coat Gloss to make everything Shiny, or use a Clear-Coat Dull to Even it all out.

Either way, it just looks a bit.. off, with the two very contrasting finishes.

The only problem with shiny is that it allows imperfections to show up very very well. Dull, hides them a little bit.

I think that he was not so much mentioning the 'shine' or the 'color' though, im pretty sure he was mentioning that the paint looked like it clumped up in spots.

Im guessing you intentionally painted it to look as if you 'painted over' old armour again and again, which was probably your intention. So without some battlescaring, to show the other colors underneith, it just looks instead like a wierd paint job.

Again, im just speculating.

I really like the colors. I did a 'knock off' boba paint scheme. Similar to boba, but with a brighter red and no dent. Kind of like a Jodo Kast impersonation of boba.

I used a shiny clear coat, but I didnt paint it on evenly, and it made the sintra look like metal. Regardless, keep it up, its coming along. And most importantly, its hard to comment on the pieces properly, without seeing them all together. All artists know that its the final assembled piece that really gives life to its individual parts.

yeha i know exactly what you mean, storm...that actually makes perfect sense...sometime this week ill definitely try to post the entire set...i might redo the chest pieces, but i dunno...id really like to do metal or fiberglass...so we'll see

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back