Origin of The Dent!

P.S. AGAIN... luke's lightsaber is not exactly the same as Anakin's... and they have access to TONS of Graflex flash tubes! Couldn't they have made Anakin's look exactly the same as it did in ANH too?

The intention IS there.

Well, I think you are alone on this arguement. Everytime someone presents their idea you immediately go back to Luke/Anakin's lightsaber (they did the same with the Tantive IV) - we've heard you loud and clear - but no one else sees it that way.

If it were up to me EP I - III wouldn't be considered canon. They really don't fit all that well with IV-VI in the first place.

Btw, Boba killed Jodo Kast after the incident with the Sarlaac.

Well thats not right....Because Jodo Kast isn't dead!!! :lol: :p

I think it all comes down to GL not caring, and you guys making a big deal about it. :lol: :p

Too bad that Jango had the dent on Kamino (before he was
trampled on Geonosis.)

JANGO_28.png

JANGO_31.png

maybe thats continuity error based on the order in which they filmed stuff , lol

Well, I think you are alone on this arguement. Everytime someone presents their idea you immediately go back to Luke/Anakin's lightsaber (they did the same with the Tantive IV) - we've heard you loud and clear - but no one else sees it that way.

If it were up to me EP I - III wouldn't be considered canon. They really don't fit all that well with IV-VI in the first place.
Fair enough... I was just pointing out that nobody was acknowledging that point... they were ignoring that it was stated at all.

But it IS true... not everything in Star Wars looks the same from movie to movie... but is intended to be the same items. The lightsaber example is just the most immediate thing I could think of.

I just think everybody is trying to make it more difficult that really is... trying to "nerd" explain every little difference. We all sound like the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons right about now.

(P.S. for the record, they used that Maul lightsaber design for LOTS of lightsabers... it was probably just easy to recycle)

Vader never fought Boba Fett.... remember... if it didn't happen in the movies... it didn't really happen.

and where was that said? lol a lot of EU is considered part of the story line and included on the star wars database... just that if Uncle George decides to change it, his usurps it.

as far as where the armor came from... we'll probably find out soon enough. :)

the databank says:

"During the time of the Empire, Boba Fett emerged as the preeminent bounty hunter of the galaxy. Boba Fett's armor, like his father's, is a battered weapon-covered spacesuit equipped with a jet pack. His gauntlets contain a flamethrower, and a whipcord lanyard launcher. His kneepads conceal rocket dart launchers. Several ominous braids hang from his shoulder -- trophies from fallen prey -- that underscore this hunter's lethality. "

Like his fathers, ... which at the moment is what the databank says lol, kinda seems to say it isnt his dads.

wow...read everything here and still I have a question.

In your opinion if Boba Fett is wearing his "own" armor/helmet do you think he would have kept jango fetts armor as a keep sake?

IMO I think he would have. I also think he would have a collection of other armor and weapons and yes even a spare helmet or two..i.e ESB compared to ROTJ

your comments would be appreciated.

wow...read everything here and still I have a question.

In your opinion if Boba Fett is wearing his "own" armor/helmet do you think he would have kept jango fetts armor as a keep sake?

IMO I think he would have. I also think he would have a collection of other armor and weapons and yes even a spare helmet or two..i.e ESB compared to ROTJ

your comments would be appreciated.
That's a good point... but why would all his helmets have dents? In and around the same area, even?

Makes you think though! :)

(But I still hold by my theory that it's the same helmet with the same dent... just not exact continuity between movies.... even between ESB and ROTJ... the details are almost exactly the same, for the purpose of the movies... maybe not for anal retentive fans like us, lol)

That's a good point... but why would all his helmets have dents? In and around the same area, even?

Makes you think though! :)

(But I still hold by my theory that it's the same helmet with the same dent... just not exact continuity between movies.... even between ESB and ROTJ... the details are almost exactly the same, for the purpose of the movies... maybe not for anal retentive fans like us, lol)

i'm surprised you didnt mention the kill strip colors are different in the movies but its the 'same' helmet, lol

we'll know more than likely , when the show comes out. it be kinda cool if it was his dads helmet , maybe he tried to hammer out the dent and thats why it got edges lol. maybe he did hammer the dent out... and vader gave him a new one and told him to keep it as a reminder lol if he hammered it out he'd get the blade end next time. :lol:

i'm surprised you didnt mention the kill strip colors are different in the movies but its the 'same' helmet, lol

we'll know more than likely , when the show comes out. it be kinda cool if it was his dads helmet , maybe he tried to hammer out the dent and thats why it got edges lol. maybe he did hammer the dent out... and vader gave him a new one and told him to keep it as a reminder lol if he hammered it out he'd get the blade end next time. :lol:
Yeah, I didn't want to go into too many details about the differences between the ESB helmet and the ROTJ one in the movies.... are we saying this is a different helmet?
There is little or no continuity between any of the Star Wars movies... the lightsabers look different... the costumes are different.... heck even Mark Hamill's FACE is different (lol).
I still think it's the same helmet from movie to movie.... I might be wrong, but we each have our reason for believing.... mine seems to be the "movie making" opinion... and everyone else's (or so I've been TOLD) is that, because it doesn't look EXACTLY the same from Jango to Boba, from ESB to ROTJ... it MUST be a different helmet.

The only reason I ask about "extra armor" is the fact that I am in the middle of a major film project including everyones favorite bounty hunter.

I have scheduled a scene were Boba opens up an equipment box/locker and in it is Jango's helmet and assorted gauntlets, guns, and jet packs.

Figured I'd ask here on this forum seeing as everyone is Fett Nutty here ;)

One other point that would back up my idea is look at the jet pack Jango had blow up on him in ATOC....it was the same coloring scheme as the one Boba uses in ROTJ

Sure I am positive that a lot as mentioned has something to do with continuty...I mean hell look at Bobas pack when he is talking to Rystall...it has the vibro axe damage.

The only reason I ask about "extra armor" is the fact that I am in the middle of a major film project including everyones favorite bounty hunter.

I have scheduled a scene were Boba opens up an equipment box/locker and in it is Jango's helmet and assorted gauntlets, guns, and jet packs.

Figured I'd ask here on this forum seeing as everyone is Fett Nutty here ;)

One other point that would back up my idea is look at the jet pack Jango had blow up on him in ATOC....it was the same coloring scheme as the one Boba uses in ROTJ

Sure I am positive that a lot as mentioned has something to do with continuty...I mean hell look at Bobas pack when he is talking to Rystall...it has the vibro axe damage.
Personally, I think that would be a really cool idea, having an equipment locker with all the odds and ends... like he just picks and chooses what he needs for which mission!

Would be awesome to see your film when you're done!

its not the same armor or helmet

"Early Imperial era (19–0 BBY)
"Everyone dies. It is the final and only ever lasting justice."
―Boba Fett[src]
For years to come, Fett's reputation grew among bounty hunters and assassins. Boba continued to acquire and upgrade pieces of Mandalorian armor. It is said he had at least three complete sets of armor from which to use, one of which was mostly left in the Sarlacc pit. Eventually he found the Mandalorian armor of Jango's old mentor and leader, Jaster Mereel. Along with his new green and red armor, he had honed his skills as an assassin and mercenary, which would one day make him the most feared and sinister bounty hunter in the Galaxy. "
it is hard to say it any of his armor belonged to Jango.....i dout it because jango's armor was cut down to fit B. Fett at a much younger age..........[/B]
"In gratitude, the two had Jango Fett's body armor re-sized to fit the young Boba's frame. This couldn't have come at a better time, since Jabba was about to give him his first off-world assignment."

Last edited by a moderator:
its not the same armor or helmet

"Early Imperial era (19–0 BBY)
"Everyone dies. It is the final and only ever lasting justice."
―Boba Fett[src]
For years to come, Fett's reputation grew among bounty hunters and assassins. Boba continued to acquire and upgrade pieces of Mandalorian armor. It is said he had at least three complete sets of armor from which to use, one of which was mostly left in the Sarlacc pit. Eventually he found the Mandalorian armor of Jango's old mentor and leader, Jaster Mereel. Along with his new green and red armor, he had honed his skills as an assassin and mercenary, which would one day make him the most feared and sinister bounty hunter in the Galaxy. "
it is hard to say it any of his armor belonged to Jango.....i dout it because jango's armor was cut down to fit B. Fett at a much younger age..........[/B]
"In gratitude, the two had Jango Fett's body armor re-sized to fit the young Boba's frame. This couldn't have come at a better time, since Jabba was about to give him his first off-world assignment."
All EU stuff..
So we have a stalemate... right?
If we follow the movie intentions, it could very well be Jango's helmet.
If we follow the EU stuff, it definately is NOT Jango's (although the helmet could still be... you can't cut a helmet down to be smaller)

It's all opinion I suppose.
I feel very strongly about the movie intentions trumping the EU stuff, but I have a feeling it's something that's going to be left completely ambiguous, officially. (i.e. if we has GL himself, he'd probably grin that sly grin and say "what do you think?")

its in the books and it makes sence..... boba would have altered his own gear to fit him the way he needed and as you see in ESB and ROTJ helmets dont match nor do his gauntlets nor dose the colors

3 diffrent helmets also in the books it is said how he earned his armor from the mandalors

its in the books and it makes sence..... boba would have altered his own gear to fit him the way he needed and as you see in ESB and ROTJ helmets dont match nor do his gauntlets nor dose the colors

3 diffrent helmets also in the books it is said how he earned his armor from the mandalors
Chalk that up as "1 more for the Books and EU" folks.

But for the sake of argument, everything from ESB to ROTJ matches ALMOST perfectly... with the exeption of the colours (guess ol' Boba can paint). The only real difference is the Gauntlets and they are pretty much the same exept for the flame thrower... (which probably broke off the the original prop so the prop shop had to make a new one for ROTJ)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back