Origin of The Dent!

IMO......

Fett has several sets of armor.

Fett had saved his dad's (key word saved as a memorial) think about it folks..you just watched your Dad have his head cut off...you gonna scoop the bits out and start wearing that bucket?? I don't think so..I know I wouldn't.

Fett has one ship..."THE" Slave 1. We saw it in ATOC right up to ESB..different markings yes, modifications sure...but same ship.

Where are these intentions in the movie, but in your own imagination??
I'm not sure why people are being so hard on me for stating the obvious.
That these were movies FIRST... and it's proven that George Lucas' movie stuff trumps anything else out there.

Would you not agree that a lot of things in the prequels are done as nods to the original trilogy? Why is it so hard to accept that it SEEMS to be intended that Jango's helmet is the one being used by Boba, and that's why they made it look (almost) exactly the same... and then put a dent in it, in almost the same spot?

Who knows... if I'm going to get all EU on you guys here... maybe the helmet is like a soda can! You know... the kind that you fiddle with and accidently dent... then you try to get the dent out and it just keeps moving around to make new dents... and you move it around and try to get the dent out so much, that you settle on the tiny dent that seems to be the smallest?

Maybe that's what happened with Boba... he tried to get that bigger dent (that's a bit further back on the helmet) out, and it kept making more dents... and by the time he finished trying to get it out, it was a smaller, rounder, dent... closer to the front of the helmet?

How's THAT for my own imagination?! ;)

:lol: :lol:

Ok your other ideas were a lot more plausible than that... I'll at least give that much. ;)

As DMZ stated - we do know he used Slave 1. Also we assume Jango's Kamino pack was the same one that Boba used in ROTJ (color scheme was the same, except Boba's had lots more weathering). So it would be plausible that Boba did take ONE OF Jango's helmets - but I just cannot accept the one with the dent ended up being Boba's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff, man.... if we can't laugh about it, it's not entertainment, right? ;)

But I'm pretty sure I know what George Lucas intended... because I AM GEORGE LUCAS! (didn't see that coming, eh?.... kidding of course... I have plaid wearing security guards at my door as we speak... ready to lash me with bamboo, for such blasphemy)

I just can't ignore what seems so intentional in the movies... I might be wrong... we might ALL be wrong! We'll either never now because it will remain shrouded in mystery... or, one day, we will get some sort of concrete explanation! (a la SW TV series)

so wait the books cant be true ("EU" or what ever you call it) but some TV shows will be better.....do you not know what copyright laws are the books could not have ANY from of star wars stuff in it unless the maker reads and approves of the story line...so weather G. Lucas wrote the books or not...him and his people agreed to let that be the story line....lets say i was to write a book talking about what Han Solo did in the time period in Between ANH and ESB i would have to make it fit around things mentioned in the movies (EX:Han and the bounty hunter on Ormandel) or G Lucas would not give me rights to publish the books because come time for new movies (if there ever will be) there can be law suit issues.

so wait the books cant be true ("EU" or what ever you call it) but some TV shows will be better.....do you not know what copyright laws are the books could not have ANY from of star wars stuff in it unless the maker reads and approves of the story line...so weather G. Lucas wrote the books or not...him and his people agreed to let that be the story line....lets say i was to write a book talking about what Han Solo did in the time period in Between ANH and ESB i would have to make it fit around things mentioned in the movies (EX:Han and the bounty hunter on Ormandel) or G Lucas would not give me rights to publish the books because come time for new movies (if there ever will be) there can be law suit issues.
That's completely not true... George Lucas has stated on many occasions that he allows people to write whatever fiction they want within the Star Wars Universe, but he said he reserves the right to overrule it.

He has his hand in producing the TV show... so it's his (just like the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles are his and Spielberg's, but neither one wrote or directed those).

It's all opinion... and I stand my my "Film Intention" theory. You don't have to believe me, but it fits the mould of the other movie details.

for that dent to be true the placing is all off.... maybe its a father like son theory boba got a dent like his father did.......the dent is in the wrong area about an inch and a half off...the maker of it would have noticed that right off....also why is there no Blue in Boba's helmet.....its obvious he painted the helmet and armor a few times b4 he had gotten to the green red theme the scratches are deep enough that you should see some form of blue in it ....also why didn't he paint the dent i would think a man like boba would want to hide the fact his dad got a huge dent in hand combat with a Jedi
now comes the part well maybe he used paint remover.....well why for only the blue but no other color....i dint think that is his fathers helmet even if you go threw the books or not...he would hide it some where or would have buried his dad in it....kinda gross ripping your dads severed head out then putting it on

on another note boba fett could be made to look like a wimp in that case of "going by movies"....boba's real legacy belongs to the books............first movie he some lil brat who sat there and watched his dad fight and then get killed......ANH he walks around doing nothing but sit with a low life crew of jabba ESB vader is the real one to have captured Han he only walks in and points a gun after Han lost his blaster....then in ROTJ he gets killed by a blind Han solo by a long stick.....with out the books he is nothing

Fett was wimpy..he stood around and didn't do much...

cough cough..."uprising fan film.2008"..cough cough..... ;) (things they are a changing)

I still think he has his own armor and isn't wearing Dad's. I do believe he kept Jango's though.

But what happened to Jango's range finder? :confused

JANGO_31.jpg

Probably a silly noob question, but I gotta know! ;)

and speaking of his helmets...did anyone else ever notice that on at least one occasion in ROTJ...his rangefinder is on the other side of his helmet, with no explanation whatsoever as to why?

and speaking of his helmets...did anyone else ever notice that on at least one occasion in ROTJ...his rangefinder is on the other side of his helmet, with no explanation whatsoever as to why?

Aye, this is simply a screen flip. Often times throughout the SW movies a particular shot would be horizontally flipped so as to fit in better with the other surrounding shots, or to add variety among similar shots.

OK, so, in the Mandalorian Armor trilogy, wherein Fett escapes the Sarlaac and Dengar heals him up in a cave on Tattooine, don't they expressly state that he had a spare set of armor hidden in another cave somewhere on Tattooine, because his armor had been partly digested by Mr. Sandworm himself? Also, what about Twin Engines of Destruction, when Fett changes back out of his costume and into his armor, with Dengar partly watching him? I don't have the materials on hand, they're at my parent's house 2 hours away, so I don't mean to mudsling, but... yeah... Seems he has multiple sets of armor.

OK, so, in the Mandalorian Armor trilogy, wherein Fett escapes the Sarlaac and Dengar heals him up in a cave on Tattooine, don't they expressly state that he had a spare set of armor hidden in another cave somewhere on Tattooine, because his armor had been partly digested by Mr. Sandworm himself? Also, what about Twin Engines of Destruction, when Fett changes back out of his costume and into his armor, with Dengar partly watching him? I don't have the materials on hand, they're at my parent's house 2 hours away, so I don't mean to mudsling, but... yeah... Seems he has multiple sets of armor.

That would explain the differences between ESB and ROTJ.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back