Origin of The Dent!

LOL it doesn't matter, Lucas and his team is just going to retcon the whole thing anyway, eventually Boba won't even HAVE a dent, it'll turn out it's a satellite dish painted like a dent so he can watch Married With Children reruns in his helmet while pretending to stand guard for Jabba.

Hey, don't give them any ideas!:lol:

*sigh* It is also smaller than Boba's helmet, and the visor frame/cheekbone line is curved instead of quasi-faceted. Not gonna post spoilers, but hopefully Friday's episode will lay this matter to rest for good.

I'll also reinforce the whole ESB/ROTJ/stunt = supposed to be the same helmet, continuity issues aside. I do, however, also think he'd be prepared enough to have at least one (cleaner and dent-free) backup helmet on Slave I as well as a collection of backup armour plates and weapons systems. I'll go so far as to say he pulled out a different set of gauntlets, different rocketpack, different cape, and different blaster when the events in Jabba's palace unfolded, but that the rest of his kit was supposed to be the same armour as in ESB.

--Jonah

Peregrinus, you have a point, Jango was a mandalore so he probably had gotten multiple helmets just in case. But wait, shouldn't he just have the mandalores helmet. And also, wasn't the mandalores helmet made out of mandalorian iron which is more or less invinceble? (I hear it's even lightsaber proof.)

Well alliteratively speaking we can look at Jango's dent and think "hey thats a coincidence, doesnt boba have the same dent?" Little details like that, while probably not the foremost thought of the designers, is infact part of the "LORE" of Star Wars and is more than likely to be thought of during production and post production. Jango's dent is there to either "remind us" of his link to boba and show that he may be fighting for more than just a bounty, he has what he considers a "son" to look out for. Or it could be there to remind us that Boba will one day wear the armor like his fathers that may even be part of his fathers armor, the dent in Boba's helmet may be considered a "tribute" to his father's legacy.

This could explain why the dent is placed in nearly the same place on every version of teh armor Boba wears.

Hows that for a retcon?

I just had a thought...... What if boba got the dent on just some random battle that has no specific meaning? What if he was simply shot in the head by some drunk in a bar on Nar Shadaa?

Just my two cents on this matter.
But, the beastie bowling Jango over in the arena was DEFINATELY intended as an explaination for Boba's dent. There was no need for the detail to be so developed in that shot otherwise.

As many others have stated, the EU stuff does get trumped by any film stuff... hence many other explainations.

And, as far as screen accurate details go... Anakin's lightsaber in EpIII does not look exactly like the one passed on to Luke in EpIV.. nor does the SAME lightsaber look exactly like the one in EpV.

So Jango's Helmet is made to look just like Boba's because it's the same helmet. The screen details might not be exact from EpII to EpV (discounting the SE version) but George's intention is pretty clear.
The reason for lukes lightsaber looking different in the EpIV and EpV is because the wind shield wipers they attached for the handle kept falling off so they had to change it a bit.

well according to the clone wars episode I guess this can be put to bed, since Jangos helmet became a two piece in the explosion

Exactly lol.

I have not seen the last hour of the finale but from what I've heard, compounded with the destruction ( and I don't care what the pro-retconners say) of the Mandalorians, I have lost a lot of faith in the show. I did used to think it was at least better than any of the prequels but this may soon change.

It was OK at best...It was the only episode I caught all season. Wife was flipping channels last night and it said season finale and boba fett...and she knew to leave the channel where it was, lol.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back