Wish I could've reached into the 'net & touched my Rubies 1st...

Tricky

New Hunter
I just got my Rubies Jango Fett today & I did not know that it was that flimsy. I've seen some pics of beat up Boba Fett's from them & definately knew those were vinyl-like, but looking at the pics on the 'net of the Jango, I figured the helmet was hard, shaped plastic, not exactly what it's described as, injection molded plastic which I didn't really know what that meant anyways.

It's my starter helmet & now that I've seen & touched it, I'm absolutely sure about that. Going to work harder to get that BobaMakers. Still, I've read lots of tutorials & stuff about how to fix this helmet, i.e. craft ring, visor, sanding off logo, cut holes, reinforce, replace RF, but despite that huge workload that's ahead for my helmet & my scratchbuilt suit I'm over here grinning like a fool. (y)

Never had my own Fett helmet before. I've already got my replacement visor on the way & I think I'm going to bondo the RF stalk upright cause it doesn't look that bad, it just doesn't have a clicky joint to stay up. At least there's enough room in the buyce so I can stick a fan in there & padding & maybe even a voice changer.

I'm so resisting the urge to go out to the mall & wear it or somewhere like that, lol. That'd be so Mando. I'm so happy that I found aout about TDH & quit procrastinating about wanting to build my own Mandalorian armor. I wish that I knew how to paint, tho, I'm going to be asking for some help on that soon.

Now lemme go dig up some sandpaper...

Can I see some reference pics of how wide the helmet's supposed to be, before I glue a craft ring into it? Like from the front & then the inside with the helmet laying on it's back visor up? It sorta looks too weird when it's flexed out too much to the sides, I don't wanna be a fathead.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back