Full Size Helmet Interiors - The Sequel

HA! I didn't know Boba had an ipod inside of his helmet! LOL j/k it looks great, may have to get me one someday.

Hello everybody!

Well I figure it's about time that I start a new thread about these full size foam helmet interior kits, as the molds will be on their way to me from Marrow Sun very soon. I don't currently have a price for these firmly set, as the materials may have gone up in price since MS's last run, but I hope they will be close to the $65 plus shipping he originally had them at. I don't imagine it will be more than $10-$15 difference, but I just don't know at this point. I'll try to run the numbers once I get a better idea of how many kits I'll need to make.

Here are a few photos that I snagged from MS of the pieces he cast out of the very same molds this new run will be coming from. They will have to do until I actually get the molds and cast up a set myself. They will, however, look just like this:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And here's how they could look after you paint them up and install them in your helmet:
attachment.php

attachment.php

If all those actually interested in a set could please post in this thread, it would help me get a sense of what I'm dealing with here. I'll compile a list as people come in, then once I have the final numbers, I'll get right into production.

Thanks gang!

MJC.

Current Interest List:

bunicila - 1 set
CSMacLaren - 1 set
mdoug18217 - 1 set
TK3828 - 2 sets
Aclafalath - 2 sets
JDFett - 1 set
curtis - 1 set
TB750 - 1 set
darth_schröder - 1 set
Mandocommando - 1 set
CGClone - 1 set
Slowmo - 2 sets
Mojo-Fett - 1 set
bobafett669 - 1 set
ItsThatGuy - 1 set
Bountys Hunted - 1 set
Cer'jo Aclos - 1 set
anakin1322 - 1 set
Banzai88 - 2 sets
Racerxx - 1 set
HMPOTC33 - 1 set
zanenigma - 1 set
tomtav - 1 set
Fleshbeany - 1 set
the_ hunter_of_bounties - 1 set
jjv5150 - 1 set
Melvin Fett - 1 set
Spankuh - 1 set
blackgrifter - 1 set
COPENHAGEN6 - 2 sets
Akashia - 2 sets
Mandalor78 - 1 set
FlashFett - 1 set
napalm - 1 set
[Aeria-Gloris] - 1 set
Loanstar- 1 set
TantiveIV - 1 set
Fantomaz - 1 set
Ceric Neesh - 1 set
Vaders_Pet - 1 set
Boba Swede - 1 set
Cylus - 1 set
Styles2304 - 1 set
bobafett669 - 1 set
TK876 - 1 set

MJC...
Do you think these will start in the new year now?

Well it all depends on when the matierials get in. If they arrive this coming week, then we'll be in business. If there are futher delays, it might get pushed a little more. I'd really like to get going on these, but I can't get too far without the foam stuff! ;)

I hope to talk to you soon with some news!

Cheers,

MJC.

Hmm Ipod huh.. good idea ;) ive been planning on putting tunes inside the bucket lol...

Introducing the Starwars Ipod Helmet Kit.....
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey gang!

Well after a whole ordeal I won't go into, I've finally got the foam material kit in my hands! I'll see if I can do a test casting this weekend and work out any kinks. All going well, we should be rolling in no time!

Just wanting to finally give a small update! ;)

Talk to you soon,

MJC.

Consider it done! We'll have to see how many sets I can get out of the materials I've got, and then take a look at whether or not to get more if there is still interest.

Regards,

MJC.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot :D im still interested... very very very interested :D depending on cost i may even have to increase my number to 3 sets if that isnt too much trouble.. :D

once i get my new helmet and get a sense for the space inside, i may want in on that. i got an interior from the old run, but my head + the kit was bigger than the inside of my helmet.

...will these fit the WOF plans?

I'd imagine they will fit, as I've heard that the WOF plans are sized comparable to the screen used helmets. If that's true, they should fit nicely.

I was able to do a test casting of one of the pieces over the weekend and I think I've got most of this figured out. I'll need to head to the hardware store and stock up on a couple things to get all set. We're almost there!

Later,

MJC.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back