SHaping visor

tooclonecrazy

New Hunter
I plan on buying a helmet, but I'll need to replace the visor. Only plastic is in there now. Can't see through it!
How do you cut out the plastic visor just right? What kind of material should I use for my new visor and where can I get it? How do I curve the visor to fit the helmet?

what type of helmet do you have and it depends i just got mine from ebay i think like $11 and there really good and always up

Yeah, we really need to know what kind of bucket you have. I only have experience (so far) with a '97 Rubies and for that, you can cut pretty much all of it out with a sharp knife like a box cutter.

There are plenty of threads on visor replacements here at TDH, so just poke around, do a search, and I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful info.

Goor luck, and post pics of your progress!:)

David.

What's probably best is if you get a piece of paper and trace an area that is larger than the vizor opening. This will serve as a size reference. Then cut out a piece of card paper that you can flex and place it on the inside of your helmet. This way you can guage the final size. That card paper can then serve as your template.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back