TDH Cross Linking

Bubba Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Hi everyone,

Part of what we would like to do to promote TDH is to just make it show up higher in search rankings. If people are searching for costuming information on their favorite bounty hunter we would like them to be able to find the TDH site easily - having it rank above the site that teaches you how to dress your dog as Boba Fett would be a good start :lol:

One of the things that would be helpful is if some of you would be willing to put links to the TDH site on your signature links, or put links to TDH on your website if you have one. The crosslinking will help get the ranking up for TDH in Google and other engines.

Brak's Buddy was nice enough to quickly knock out a few banners before he left on his trip - don't know where he found the time. Anyway, here are the banners.

Sorry these are not laid out on the page a little better. May set up a page on my server so I can use some tables or something. Anyway, hope this helps!

Thanks!

728x90
728X90.jpg

468x60
468x60.gif

234x60
234X60.gif

160x600
160X600.gif

120x600
120X600.gif

120x240
120X240.gif

Thanks everyone, this should be help. Brian, I would love to post the banner you did if that's cool with you. I'll PM you my email addy.

While linking will certainly help another VERY important part of getting the site higher ranked is the title of the page.

The title should have more information in it pertaining to key words and matching content.

The Dented Helmet - Blah is great, but the information for:

Boba Fett and Bounty Hunter Costume and Prop - short snippet is much better.

The spiders use about 11-15 words, in the title then cuts off. This is one of the key ranking parts of the spiders, and is really probably your best bet to raising rankings.

While linking will certainly help another VERY important part of getting the site higher ranked is the title of the page.

I agree Stormrider and have already sent The Dent a new page. It has different keywords, and titles to help get the page ranked higher. I am also working on changing ALT tags on some of the pictures which will help too. I will be looking at some gateway pages as well - need to be a bit more careful about those though.

For those who want to use a link that points to one of my servers that's fine. I just need to move these banners to a server where the domain won't change. I will put up link text as soon as I do.

Thanks again everyone! :cheers

I added the website address to my signature, but do you mean I should put
"Boba Fett and Bounty Hunter Costumes and Props"
and would I put that before the website address or after it?

The title should have more information in it pertaining to key words and matching content.

The Dented Helmet - Blah is great, but the information for:

Boba Fett and Bounty Hunter Costume and Prop - short snippet is much better.

The spiders use about 11-15 words, in the title then cuts off. This is one of the key ranking parts of the spiders, and is really probably your best bet to raising rankings.

I added the website address to my signature, but do you mean I should put
"Boba Fett and Bounty Hunter Costumes and Props"
and would I put that before the website address or after it?

Sorry, that's actually a different issue, pertaining to the home page for TDH and it's ultimate ranking in Google.

Thanks for adding the site address to your sig! (y)

Any chance you could add a TDH link on your site? I did not see a links page, but if there is anyplace else that would be great.

Jon

I have created a new splash page for starwars universe, and about half of it will be dedicated to the dent.

Where can I get the ok to use some of the 'boba/jango' pics found here in the artwork on the page, or do you have a guide somewhere for it.

Right now I have incorporated the TDH banner into the design, but there are probably other places I can use it to sprice it up. Ill link back here in each piece when its possible.

Thanks

Gladly added a link on my web page. I still can't figure out how to put in on MySpace without going through PhotoBucket. Any ideas>

David.

Sorry, that's actually a different issue, pertaining to the home page for TDH and it's ultimate ranking in Google.

Thanks for adding the site address to your sig! (y)

Any chance you could add a TDH link on your site? I did not see a links page, but if there is anyplace else that would be great.

Jon

I will check with my hubby, he is the webmaster. I do not know much about that.

I will try!

I need to add some of our Fett costume pics up there as well!

www.starwarsuniverse.com has your banner on it now. The site is just the initial mockup, but it will get the spiders and traffic rolling.

When I get the final site up ill let you know. I have to create all the tools now to manage the nav and content. Should be a week or so.

Thanks everyone, this is REALLY helpful. I really appreciate everything you've been doing. Sorry I have not been on the board much lately. Between work and a birthday party for my daughter I have been way too busy. I will keep working on these rankings to get the site moved up higher on Google searches however.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back