question about do it your self tinting

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
has any body used the do it your self tinting to tint their T visors? I was thinking about doing that to give my visor a silver reflective surface and I wanted to find out if it is worth it..

Is your visor made of lexan aka plexiglass??

The tinting is is going to bond how? Static, adhesive of like car window tinting with soap and water??

Soap and water on lexan will not work.

Tinting for taillights will not work either as it is not meant to be see-through.

Hope it help a bit... ;)

Soap and water on lexan will not work.

What does it do when you use the soap and water method on lexan?

The soap and water (when used on car windows) is just to give it wiggle room and to have a "carrier" to sueegee out air bubbles.

Will the adhesive just not stick to the lexan?

I tried to tint plexiglass using the soap and water method. It does work, but the main issue that you'll find is that it's difficult to tint a highly curved surface. I also found that when I did get the tint on nice a neat, it crinkled as soon as I installed the visor. I apparently didn't have the visor curved to the same amount as when it's installed. :facepalm

For the cost of a tinted safety shield, in my case it was under $8 Canadian including the taxes, it's just not worth the headache. :cheers

Surely it can be done. You may have to get a pro to do it, though. I have seen some crazy things done with window tint!

I have done tint and vinyl graphics (a lot of the same properties between the two) on a lot of cars, but I am by no means even close to what I would call a "master" at it.

I think you would have to go to a tint shop to readily find the silver reflective tint anyway. I do think that that tint got outlawed (for purposes of being street legal) pretty quick in a few states, though.

Maybe you can buy it on eBay to, but I'm not sure.

Just buy a real visor, after buying the plastic to put the tint on, and then buying the thint. You'll pay more than just getting a welders visor. Unless you're getting it for free.
You could also look into getting a motorcycle visor.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back