Horsehair Wookie Braids Run 2 *Full* Progress & Updates

Julie

Active Hunter
*Please note I am not taking any additional braid requests at this time.*

*Added: 05/21/2008:
Hi Everyone,

I really hate to do this in the middle of the run, unfortunately the place that I get the horsehair from has gone up in prices. Even with their price hike, they are still the cheapest place I've been able to find for the hair. Both the ESB set & the ROTJ are going up $5.00 each. If anyone wants to drop off the list, I will completely understand.

The biggest price increase is going to be for those of you who just want to order the hair only. ESB hair only will now be $31 +$5 shipping. ROTJ Hair only (not including the black & white braid) will be $43 + $5 shipping. *

Movie accurate sets:

3 braid ESB set (1 black looped, 1 flaxen blond unlooped, & 1 silver/gray braid unlooped) with red & black sinew $50.00

7 braid ROTJ extended set AKA the MOM set (1 small black, 1 black & white, 1 light blond (flaxen) & 1 brown braid Plus the following that are attached to the black & white braid: 1 gray partial braid, 1 black “tail” & 1 brown “tail” with 2 – 4 turn Turk head knots & 1 – 2 turn Turk head knot. The extended set is approximately 10 hours of labor. $75.00

Also, if you would just like to purchase the horsehair only and make them yourself I'd be willing to do that as well.

$31 + $5 shipping for enough horsehair for the 3 or 4 braid versions

$43 + $5 shipping for enough horsehair for the 7 braid extended set version.*Does not include bleached black & white braid.*

All prices include shipping throughout the US. International buyers, please contact me for a shipping quote. I ship Monday through Friday USPS.

People on this run:

Completed
1. Whitewulf – ESB - 01/16/07 – PM 092607 – email 10/12/07 - Basic 3 braid ESB set ( 1 black, 1 yellow blond & 1 silver/gray) looped $35
2. MonCal – ROTJ 01/29/07 – PM 092607 - 7 braid ROTJ extended set (1 small black, 1 black & white, 1 *yellow* blond & 1 brown braid Plus the following that are attached to the black & white braid: 1 black partial braid, 1 gray partial braid & 1 brown braid with 2 – 4 turn Turk head knots & 1 – 2 turn Turk head knot). The extended set is approximately 10 hours of labor. $70.00
3. Mr. Fett – ROTJ Extended Set - 01/29/07 – PM 092607 - MOM
4. Seeker 01/29/07 – PM 092607 - Basic 3 braid ESB set (1 black, 1 yellow blond & 1 silver/gray braid) looped with 3 turkhead knots $45
5. Benkenove – ESB - 01/30/07 - Basic 3 braid ESB set (1 black, 1 yellow blond & 1 silver/gray braid) looped with 3 turkhead knots $45
6. SMR2005PCwiz – ROTJ - 02/01/07
7. NikNak_aka – ROTJ Extended Set 02/07/07
8. HMPOTC33 02/07/07 -
9. TK-2177 – ESB 02/08/07 – like Seven’s Set
10. Galactic Bounty Hunter 02/08/07 - 3 braid ESB set (1 black looped, 1 flaxen blond unlooped, & 1 silver/gray braid unlooped) with black, red & blue sinew
11. Gonzo Fett – ESB - 02/08/07 – 3 braid ESB set (1 black looped, 1 flaxen blond unlooped, & 1 silver/gray braid unlooped) with black, red & blue sinew
12. Warlord 02/16/07
13. Pennywise 02/19/07

15. Shabad – ESB - 02/21/07 - 3 braid ESB set (1 black looped, 1 flaxen blond unlooped, & 1 silver/gray braid unlooped) with black, red & blue sinew
16. Daemon Fett 02/21/07 –Basic 3 braid ESB set (1 black, 1 yellow blond & 1 silver/gray braid) looped with 3 turkhead knots
17. ForTheLoveOfFett ROTJ 02/21/07 - 7 braid ROTJ extended set
18. Predatormv 02/22/07 – 1 black, 1 yellow blond (wants yellow braid to be the longest) & ½ Gray braids
19. pghfett/ Mike – ROTJ – 04/30/07 – (email no PM’s) 7 braid extended set
20. sixxgunn13/Arnold – ESB X 2 - 05/03/07 -2 sets of, 3 braid ESB set (1 black looped, 1 flaxen blond unlooped, & 1 silver/gray braid unlooped) with red & black sinew

To Be Completed

14. Seven ROTJ Set 02/20/07 - 7 braid ROTJ extended set

Devilstar2k2 02/22/07 – Cancelled Request

Please let me know if any changes or corrections need to be made.

I will also be sending everyone on this list an email or pm to let you know that I am starting up the new run. There will also be a new gallery to go along with this run. The old gallery will be left up.

*Please note I am not taking any additional braid requests at this time.*

Edit: The best way to get in touch with me is to email me at: gaslaveleia (at) gmail (dot) com.

I am also online throughout the day.
Aim: ATLJulie
yahoo: atairia
msn: atairia@hotmail.com
Google Talk: gasveleia

I am terrible about remembering to check my pm's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes if there is anyway of getting on the list for any cancellations, count me in as well. Hopefully Julie will be able to some more runs later. :) (and just in case, I'd need ESB braids).

Charlie

For those inquiring on cancellations and waiting lists......there are 20 people in line already on the waiting list (aka the 3rd run). If anyone falls off (cancels) on this run I will be moving people up from the waiting list to this one.

Julie

do you have any pics of the braids/horsehair at all...? and is getting the hair by itself counted as part of the run lol? :p

Here's the link to the last run:

Wookie Braid Gallery 1st Run

It has pics of all the sets and some pics of the horsehair. If you would like any specific pics of the horsehair just let me know and I'll post them.

No, just ordering the hair does not consist as part of the run.

Julie

Hi Julie, looks like you're pretty busy, lol. If at all possible please put me down on the wait list for an accurate ROTJ version looped. I see the wait is long but no hurry on this end, Fett costume is in begining stages for Halloween '08. Storm trooping this year. So no big rush here just don't want to miss out on one before you completely end the run. Also, thanks much for offering the run they look great.

I am after an ESB set. I don't know anything else than that. what ever was used on the set is what I am after. Thanks Julie. (still busting to get them!)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back