Open Seasons Bucket

I like that color. What color did you use? :)

Red- Garnet Red by Rust-oleum

Silver- Pewter R&B

Dark Metalic- Flat Black and Metal Silver...This part I painted flat black first then did two light passes with the silver. After that I wet sanded the silver a bit and it gave me the charcoal metalic look I desired.

Weathering- Burnt Umber and Black mixed and applied at full strenghth (no watering down)

Silver- Pewter R&B

Dark Metalic- Flat Black and Metal Silver...This part I painted flat black first then did two light passes with the silver. After that I wet sanded the silver a bit and it gave me the charcoal metalic look I desired.

Weathering- Burnt Umber and Black mixed and applied at full strenghth (no watering down)

Thanks Jeff.

Silver- Pewter R&B

Jeff, Rust-oleum doesn't carry Garnet Red. They have other reds, Colonial Red, Claret Wine, Paprika, Regal Red, Sunrise Red, Ruby Red, Burgundy and Heritage Red .

Also what's Pewter R&B? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
R&B is "Rub N Buff" The color is pewter.... You can find it at most craft stores (I found it at Micheal's in the aisle with the adhesives).

Yes mine did get approved, too bad those pics suck :) I have better pics with direct comparison to the comic which allowed for the approval and color comparison. I like the idea of rub n buff, but for me I went with a custom mixture for air brushing.

In fact I have since changed the chest pieces to be more accurately proportioned.

Great job nice to see another Open Seasons :)

R&B is "Rub N Buff" The color is pewter.... You can find it at most craft stores (I found it at Micheal's in the aisle with the adhesives).
Thanks Tony.

I have Gold Leaf R&B if anyone needs it. I was going to make a Kal Skirata but when I heard it doesn't make the 501st costuming requirements I decided not to do it.

I just thought I would post a progress pic. I have gotten a few things done since I did the bucket, so its slowly but shurly getting there. I hope you all like.

Thanks,

FettProgress3.jpg

this is going to be killer! i want to do one so bad now! (after i finish my atoc jango)
the coloring and weathering looks fantastic!

They do allow EU characters as long as documented. They were going to accept my Baron Soontir Fel tie pilot and he's just a comic bool/novel character

Thanks man, I appreciate the words! Hopefully it does turn out well. Now if I can get motivated to finish all the parts I have instead of just some of them. :lol:

do you think using rub n buff chinese red might work for the visor area? I was out buying some silver today and when I saw that they had a red I thought of this helmet

It is possible, it wouldnt hurt to try it on a test piece to see how it works. I just ended up taking the comic with me to Lowe's and matching it to paint until I found the one I wanted.

Kandosii! Very nice, I was wondering when someone would do this version, Can't wait to see the final pics, very well done.

When I finaly finish my Jango, and Custom, I'm gona do a Myles version, yeah I know Its gona be awhile before that day, but it will come, lol

Anyways look'n good.

Dude I'd love to see a teaser pic with you wearing what you have done of the costume, to get an idea of how it looks proportionally..."not to seem" wierd...

Just plain curiousity...yeah..

Just put on the armor already :p

Dude I'd love to see a teaser pic with you wearing what you have done of the costume, to get an idea of how it looks proportionally..."not to seem" wierd...

Just plain curiousity...yeah..

Just put on the armor already :p

I want to get a few more pieces done then I want to get it those parts all ready to wear. It will happen soon!

Helmet looks great! Can't wait to see more.

Thank you to those who correctly portrayed the 501st's stance on EU costuming. It is most definitely allowed so long as there is enough source material to back it up and as long as it's handled as professionally and accurately as any movie suit.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back