Cross-post - ROTJ Royal Guard force pike - Brains needed

Peregrinus

Active Hunter
Okay... I am down to the fine details. The gold spiky thing in the picture below:

ForcePikeRotJ.jpg

I know this is a found item, but I don't know for sure what it is. The twist to the rows of spikes implies certain things, but I don't know exactly what. I've had suggestions for everything from a large-bore thread tap to a rock drill bit. If anyone on here recognizes this piece, or knows someone who might and would be nice enough to show them, I would appreciate it tremendously. Cross-post on other boards to get more brains involved. Whatever. Trying to solve a twenty-four-year-old mystery, and I'm all thunk out. I'm posting this everywhere I'm registered where prop-building geeks hang out.

Thanks in advance for any illumination anyone can provide.

--Jonah

for me i like cheap so i think the teeth part on the buckle of nylon belts would probably fit the bill nicely. sorry no pics but find an older style nylon belt or harness and the middle peice that hold it tight has the teeth on on it.

for me i like cheap so i think the teeth part on the buckle of nylon belts would probably fit the bill nicely. sorry no pics but find an older style nylon belt or harness and the middle peice that hold it tight has the teeth on on it.

I think those do look similar. They might work.

Force Pike made from ski pole, deep sea fishing pole handle, highlighter marker and faucet handle. I made the blade teeth template on photoshop, printed it and then used spray adhesive to glue the template to the side of a Sterilite 9qt waste basket and cut them out with the trusty Dremel.
pike.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back