TF Stalk Fitting

Halo 1

Well-Known Hunter
Hi Hunters,

Don't know if ayone else has this problem but I just started work on the servo setup for my TF stalk and found out that it's a little too wide for the earcap channel.

Does anyone have an idea on what I can do to fix that? Sand down the earcap till it fits? Sand the stalk?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Tim,
I just got done working on a Sgt. Fang helmet and had a similar problem fitting an aluminum stalk. I added a thin shim to the outer ear cap to give it enough clearance.
If you look for my most recent Sgt. Fang thread, I have some pics and a more detailed description.

Don't know if ayone else has this problem but I just started work on the servo setup for my TF stalk and found out that it's a little too wide for the earcap channel.

Does anyone have an idea on what I can do to fix that? Sand down the earcap till it fits? Sand the stalk?

I encountered the same issue when I installed my servo. DO NOT SAND THE STALK! I worked with TD-4242 on this one, and we found it was best to sand the inside of the ear like so:
P7290001.jpg

Notice the sand marks on the inside of the ear? After you're done sanding, then repaint the inside of the ear. If you still need more space, you sand the inner part of the ear cap, but I would strongly encourage you to only do that if you find sanding the inner ear doesn't give you enough space.

Eric, Scott,

Thank you so much for the tips! I really appreciate it! I am gonna get on with this ASAP!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Personally I'd just add a piece of styrene to the part of the ear mounted on the helmet, it'd be easy enough to blend in and no one would ever notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back