Biggest helmet size??

DarthBauer

New Hunter
Out of all the helmets out there, What is the biggest one? I have a very large head ( I wear a size 8 hat ), and when I wear the helmet I have which I got from Jason (skygunbro) its really tight. Tight to the point where my cheeks hurt, the back of my head hurts and it just gives me a headache wearing more than 5 min. So any help on which one is the biggest and where to get one would be great. Thanks

MLC I think made/makes the biggest helmet... but I mean, none of the helmets are going to be roomy by any means. I wear a size 7 3/4 hat (sometimes larger) and having my nose, cheeks and head smashed into a helmet is just the nature of the hobby.

After reading alot of other posts on this site it sounds like the MSH-2 is the biggest. If someone has some of these helmets that I might be able to try on that would be great. I just dont want to spend $300 on a helmet kit and get the thing and its no bigger than the one that I have now. I wouldnt really mind but the wife would kill me.

The SGB is not much bigger then a DP 95. So its not that your head is unusually big... its that the helmet is not big enough. I would go with either a FPH or a TF if I were you. There both going to be roomy enough to be comfortable while staying fairly accurate to what they represent.

I have the SGB one and as evan4218 said, its about the same size as a DP95. So no wonder it hurts like all hell to wear.

So like I said, I live in Orange County, California. If anyone is local with one I could try on that would really help out. If no one is local I would be willing to pay shipping to me and back just to try it on.

Yup...right on Evan. Also, I did a bit of looking using the search function, and came up with an older thread you may wanna look at form Spidey:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=12673&highlight=mlc

Keep in mind, that he's comparing the MLC2 vs the MSH2. If memory serves, the MLC1 was bigger than the MLC2.

In any event, I'm betting an FPH or TF would work fine for you, as Evan suggested.

Edit: Here's an older pic I found in an old thread here. MLC1, MLC2, DP96. Thought you'd maybe like to see size diff between a few:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MLCcomnp1_and_2_and_dp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The MLC1 is bigger. The MLC2 was designed for smaller framed hunters. Contact me if you're interested in a MCL1. Getting ready to be placing orders probably next week.

-Rex

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back