*OFFICIAL INTEREST THREAD* for Spideyfett/Evan4218 Machined Metal Ears

evan4218

Active Hunter
Looks like we are on track for doing a run of machined aluminum ears with a stalk as well. This thread is meant to be an interest only thread to show us how many people would be willing to possibly commit to this run.

The time table is about 4 weeks from the placement of the order with our machinist. We should have a prototype and picture of the ears and stalk both on and off the helmet fairly soon. But we want to make sure there is at least enough interest for the ears to even do the run since we will need around 30 people to do this.

Details:
A full set of Boba Fett Ears matching the ones made for the new FPH helmet in machined aluminum metal with screws and tapped for easy installation and an accurate hallow stalk matching the one used on screen. That will be 5 pieces total.

Price:
For all 5 pieces we are looking at a total of $245 a set.

What helmets will this ear fit?
The ears will fit most of the helmets out there with a tad bit of modification on the helmet. I think mystery helmets will work fine with the ears, I.E. the Marrow Sun, Sgnt Fang, the Sky Gunbro, and the Boba Maker. They should also work with limited moding on the MSH1 and 2. I will post base measurements of what the size of the fitting area will be tonight or tomorrow followed by a printable PDF that you can trim out and place on your helmet to see what the extent of the mods that you will need to make, if any to fit on your bucket.

How will the run be handled?
This is the interest thread for it... based on your posting (AND PLEASE POST YOUR INTEREST if you just PM me that can be lost of forgotten and I don't want to miss anyone... so please POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE SERIOUS! We will not pay to get the prototypes till we can see if there are enough to do this!

Why would I want metal ears?
Both the ESB and ROTJ hero helmets used metal ears. Its more obvious on the ROTJ as that version dosnt have painted ears, just dirty metal. But if you want clean, accurate ears, this is the upgrade to end all upgrades!

If I miss out on this run will there be another chance down the road?
Nope, we will do no more runs beyond this one... this is it!!! Get them now, get two if you want 2 sets and that will be it. This run is being done AT COST to benefit the board and this is as cheap as it gets. I dont see any other opportunity's down the road for this and I for one have been waiting 2 years for this chance! If you can convince your self to get a metal gauntlet rocket then for goodness sakes, you have no reason not to go for this run!

Once I pay, how long before I get my ears and stalk?
Should be about 4 weeks from payment to delivery. Each set will include insurance and a tracking number... all will be PMed to each person on the run.

I will be posting a interest thread on the RPF as well as we need as many as possible. 30 people to be exact to make this happen. We will be shelling out a fair sum of cash to get this going so we have a prototype and we have to pay for a custom cutting bit for the machinist as well thus the interest thread without pictures. Once this thread starts moving we will pay our shop to start on the ears and should have them with in a week or so to post up pics for everyone. Trust me they will be well worth it!

If you have any questions please post or PM me and I will address them.

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY, super clean, crisp ear assemblies, where the silver weathering, will not just be mere silver paint, but actual metal showing through! I had a hand in doing the Phase 1 Mechanical Drawings based off all the High-Res photos that the "3 Amigos" (SpideyFett, Evan4218 & Darth Miller) took of the actual Boba helmet while @ CIV, so you guys will be assured of some extreme accuracy and detailing.

I've been anxiously awaiting this to happen in some shape or form, by one member or another for some time now, well it now looks like the wait is finally over! (y)

THX Guys!

:cheers

We could not have done it with you you bro... you saved our tail staying up all night working out the Illustrator files that I was unable to finish in time!

We could not have done it with you you bro... you saved our tail staying up all night working out the Illustrator files that I was unable to finish in time!

No problem bro, anything worh having is always worth spending a little extra time, effort and yes, money! :lol:

Anyway, almost forgot...

2 COMPLETE SETS FOR ME PLEASE

Thx Again!

:cheers

*sigh*

Just when I think I'm nearing the end of the road, THIS comes along. :)

Of course, put me down for a set! I can't wait to see pics of the prototypes!

Put me down for 1 as well... (will have to rent my body in a corner to pay it... but, I cant let this go...!!! )

Ben.

I know what you mean... I don't know where I am coming up with the cash for my set but I gotta... this isn't like some of the other metal peice runs that will happen again in 6 months or a year... this was a big pain to pull together and for the machinist as well so this is one of those once in a life time kind of things.

Keep the posts coming folks... I want to see a full thread by tomorrow night so we can go pay for the prototype and have it by next week so everyone can have pics!

You know,

200 aint bad with all the machining that will be needed for these. I do R2 parts all the time and I think this is a good deal.

Count me in!

wayne/womo

Well I picked a good time to lose my job!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm working on something new, but nothing difinitive yet. Do you know Evan how much time we have to comitt %100???
D

Well, weather or not this run happens will be based on if we feel enough people post interest between now and sunday night in this thread and the one on the RPF. Based on that you guys will have the better part of a few weeks before we would start taking payments and we would leave the window for taking payments open for about a week or so. So realistically you wouldn't have to cough anything up till early October. Sadly none of us can finance the thousands of dollars this run is going to take and then just sell the extras later. So far things are looking good for it not even being 24 hours.

We have 11 sets confirmed thus far... so were almost half way there already. WOO HOO!

Just to let you guys know... if we don't get thirty its still a go, but the price will go up a tad... how much I am not sure but it has to be enough to make it worth the machinists wile.

Braks... where you at bro... I figured you would be down with a set as well???

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back