*OFFICIAL INTEREST THREAD* for Spideyfett/Evan4218 Machined Metal Ears

Sweet!(y) Thanks, man.

exactly, ...still a great price, even if we don't get the thirty paid sets...(y)

right now, as you can see on post #45, we are at 15 paid, and an addtional two that will pay this week.....we'll see how the rest of this week goes.

Thanks all.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you would have the measurements, you might have a paid no 16 ;)
I just need the total length and the width of both ears in a tolorance of 1mm, thats it.

:)Hey wes...

I do have pics...i can post them tonight?? (at work right now)........
why do you ask??

Just curious what type of screw heads they are and how much (if any) sanding would be required inside the helmet for a semi flush mount. Some of these fg buckets have waves inside that need to be leveled out.

Just curious what type of screw heads they are and how much (if any) sanding would be required inside the helmet for a semi flush mount. Some of these fg buckets have waves inside that need to be leveled out.

Well depending on what helmet you have im sure would make the difference.... but on the FPH there really isn't much prep or "Wave" of the fiberglass to worry about....it's very clean.

but as far as the screws.. the prototype ears came back with non flat ones...but we made some changes and I know those changes will change the type of screw that will be used....(y)
Either way each kit will come with an appropriate set of hardware.(y)...of coarse staying as accurate as be can be.;)

The top of the three screws got moved due to it interfering with the curve on the inside of the helmet where the upper right earcap is. In the pics I took of the ears on my helmet I only used the two bottom screw holes. They do indeed screw from the inside of the helmet eliminating the need for a nut. The top screw hole on that ear will be moved into the center area to eliminate this issue, although I found the two screws held it on just fine!

In the pics above of the bottom portion of the upper right ear you will see light green with in the holes where the screws go. The light green is actually paint on the bottom of the screws. I found no issue attaching them to my helmet, it will be even easier for you guys because the machinist is making a template to use for placement.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back